Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

will there be a market for adipowers in the future? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    adidas release a new shoe for each olympics, it is likely they will discontinue the adipowers like they did the adistars, they are at an all time low in terms of price, however they dont have the classic look like the adistars and there is no wood heel, they were also produced in larger numbers because of crossfit muppets

i have a pair which is slightly too small and i cant return them, will they appreciate in the future?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    adidas release a new shoe for each olympics, it is likely they will discontinue the adipowers like they did the adistars, they are at an all time low in terms of price, however they dont have the classic look like the adistars and there is no wood heel, they were also produced in larger numbers because of crossfit muppets

i have a pair which is slightly too small and i cant return them, will they appreciate in the future?
    Really don't think so. Unless you're Hookgrip its unlikely you'll sell any weightlifting shoe for a significant mark up ($1000 for a pair of 08 adistars anyone?), let alone a shoe as common as the adipowers (they've reached a much larger audience, more have been made than any of their flagship models before. They even got round to multiple colourways - a first for adidas' main shoe afaik.) I will say that the all red ones can usually attract a little more ATM than the white/black or black/red ones though as they're already discontinued.

Add to that that the Nike Romaleo 2s are generally considered better and can stand a lot more wear...

However, I will say that having seen the pre-release picture of the 2016 adipowers, they look pretty bad - nearly all plastic, basically a football shoe with a heel put on and a BOA lacing system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Appeal to reason)
    Really don't think so. Unless you're Hookgrip its unlikely you'll sell any weightlifting shoe for a significant mark up ($1000 for a pair of 08 adistars anyone?), let alone a shoe as common as the adipowers (they've reached a much larger audience, more have been made than any of their flagship models before. They even got round to multiple colourways - a first for adidas' main shoe afaik.) I will say that the all red ones can usually attract a little more ATM than the white/black or black/red ones though as they're already discontinued.

Add to that that the Nike Romaleo 2s are generally considered better and can stand a lot more wear...

However, I will say that having seen the pre-release picture of the 2016 adipowers, they look pretty bad - nearly all plastic, basically a football shoe with a heel put on and a BOA lacing system.
    surely once they discontinue them, in about 5-6 years they will appreciate?
    this happens with football boots, and they are produced in much greater numbers, weightlifters are also more willing to pay more money for their shoes which explains the high prices

ReputationRep:
    I have the adistars from the year 2000 -

http://269my4nruej3qdhxl1qi14icti.wp...9/DSC_7772.jpg

Not really worth that much atm and are relatively rare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    I have the adistars from the year 2000 -

http://269my4nruej3qdhxl1qi14icti.wp...9/DSC_7772.jpg

Not really worth that much atm and are relatively rare.
    The 2000/2004 adistars, ironwork 1s and 3s still go for $400+ though (even more for the ironwork 3s), so roughly double. But any older than that and it tapers off again - the power perfect 1s go for pretty much release price
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Appeal to reason)
    The 2000/2004 adistars, ironwork 1s and 3s still go for $400+ though (even more for the ironwork 3s), so roughly double. But any older than that and it tapers off again - the power perfect 1s go for pretty much release price
    Is that new or second hand?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 2, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.