Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there any point in me applying for Law at Royal Holloway (AAB) when my predicted grades are ABB...
    It's very likely I'll get exactly that

ReputationRep:
    Provided you have other choices that are at or lower than your predicted grades, and that RH is your 'aspirational' choice you know you may not get an offer from, there is certainly no harm in applying - of course if you did get an offer and firm it you'd need an insurance you like so if you firm RH and just miss the grades (they might still take you but if they don't) you still have a place you're happy with. Just bear in mind that Law is a competitive course, but the only way to guarantee not getting an offer is by not applying! Good luck, whether you apply there or not
    (I've applied to RH for English btw )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmathereader)
    Provided you have other choices that are at or lower than your predicted grades, and that RH is your 'aspirational' choice you know you may not get an offer from, there is certainly no harm in applying - of course if you did get an offer and firm it you'd need an insurance you like so if you firm RH and just miss the grades (they might still take you but if they don't) you still have a place you're happy with. Just bear in mind that Law is a competitive course, but the only way to guarantee not getting an offer is by not applying! Good luck, whether you apply there or not
    (I've applied to RH for English btw )
    Good luck to you too, I am going their tomorrow for their Workshop I'll ask a few more questions then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliviaLLB)
    Good luck to you too, I am going their tomorrow for their Workshop I'll ask a few more questions then
    Thanks
    Good idea, they can give you the best feedback of anyone!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 29, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.