Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

MI5 Boss: IS Planning UK Mass Casualty Attacks watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...=mailsignoutmd

I can't help but wonder; of all the new arrivals in Europe, of those from Syria coming to the UK, how many will be a threat? The problem with lack of integration, viewing westerners or non-believers as inferior is bad enough but has been discussed at length on this forum. This is a different topic;

I cannot understand why, when we have the highest threat level in thirty years, we are being forced to accept these new arrivals. This period in history has seen unprecedented levels of immigration, and it seems to coincide with an unprecedented level of danger and terrorism.

Is this a coincidence?

Note; I am aware that not all migrants are a security threat. When I say unprecedented levels of immigration I mean in particular from areas where Islamic culture is prevalent. It would be absurd to equate EU migrants to terrorism for example.

Fake passports can be purchased for trivial amounts which only adds to the difficulty in letting these people in and also doing what is the most important function of government; protecting the lives of its citizens. This problem is made even worse by the EU policy of accept them first, process their asylum later.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...n-minutes.html

http://uk.businessinsider.com/fake-s...15-9?r=US&IR=T

So back to the question; there seems to be a link between terrorism and mass immigration of certain cultures. However, correlation does not mean causation;
    Do people think there is a link?

I shall go first; yes, there is a link.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not convinced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern...United_Kingdom

Net migration is actually down in recent years compared to the 2005 - 2010 period. The other point is that the given threat level provides no real assessment of the actual situation. It is an arbitrary indicator for which there can be no scrutiny (for security reasons). As a result, we don't know if a high threat level has been posted for genuine reasons or political reasons. And we will never know.

I love the way you correctly state that correlation does not mean causation and then go on to confidently claim there is a link. You will go far in life and your future as a politician misquoting the facts in order pursue your own agenda is secure.

I would say I don't know. There is little evidence to suggest one argument or the other.

It doesn't take much to cause deadly mischief - just look at the Troubles in NI. If the migrants are hell bent on destroying our society as you suggest, what are they playing at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    I'm not convinced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern...United_Kingdom

Net migration is actually down in recent years compared to the 2005 - 2010 period. The other point is that the given threat level provides no real assessment of the actual situation. It is an arbitrary indicator for which there can be no scrutiny (for security reasons). As a result, we don't know if a high threat level has been posted for genuine reasons or political reasons. And we will never know.

I love the way you correctly state that correlation does not mean causation and then go on to confidently claim there is a link. You will go far in life and your future as a politician misquoting the facts in order pursue your own agenda is secure.

I would say I don't know. There is little evidence to suggest one argument or the other.

It doesn't take much to cause deadly mischief - just look at the Troubles in NI. If the migrants are hell bent on destroying our society as you suggest, what are they playing at?
    This.

A lot of scaremongering in the media. We haven't seen an attack on UK soil since 7/7. As terrible as that attack was, that was ten years ago. To deny migrants access on that premise seems like overkill.

ReputationRep:
    Here you go OP

http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/15/the-nu...e-you-5023616/

And if IS wanted to attack the UK, they don't actually need to migrate here... We live in a global village. You can in theory attack the French security services from your bedroom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallofMrFifths)
    This.

A lot of scaremongering in the media. We haven't seen an attack on UK soil since 7/7. As terrible as that attack was, that was ten years ago. To deny migrants access on that premise seems like overkill.
    Apart for the attack on Lee Rigby and the Glasgow airport attacks

Some failed attempts and some of these got really close to being successful[*]2006 28 September: Talbot Street bomb-making haul[*]2007 1 February: The 2007 Plot to behead a British Muslim soldier[*]2007 29 June: 2007 London car bombs.[*]2008 27 February: British police thwarted a suspected plot to kill Abdullah of Saudi Arabia during a state visit to Britain in the year 2007 a senior officer said.[*]2012 June: Five Muslims plotted to bomb an English Defence League rally in Dewsbury but arrived late and were arrested when returning to Birmingham. A sixth was also convicted.[33][*]2013 April: As part of Operation Pitsford 11 Muslims are jailed for a plotting terror attack involving suicide Bombers.[34]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Here you go OP

http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/15/the-nu...e-you-5023616/

And if IS wanted to attack the UK, they don't actually need to migrate here... We live in a global village. You can in theory attack the French security services from your bedroom.
    That relates to the EU as a whole not the UK

Do you have stats for the UK?

ReputationRep:
    What?? Someone from the 'Religion of Peace' wants to attack us?! Surely not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    That relates to the EU as a whole not the UK

Do you have stats for the UK?

Not that I can see, but you know what? I'm not the one who's saying "All Muslims are bad. Muslims are responsible for all terrorist attacks in the UK" So it's up to the OP to provide proof really.

ReputationRep:
    Not that I can see, but you know what? I'm not the one who's saying "All Muslims are bad. Muslims are responsible for all terrorist attacks in the UK" So it's up to the OP to provide proof really.
    But you don't challenge that by saying look at the EU as a whole to try and counter his argument about the UK

as I have shown the number of failed attacks (thank god for the security services and the general stupidity of the jihadist wouldn't you agree?) are quite large and when discussing the issues of muslim terrorist attacks in the UK you can't simply include the 'successful' ones and go 'hey there's only a few and if you include Iceland you'll see there's hardly any at all and if you include Spain you'll see there are more attacks done my non-Muslims than muslims'

ReputationRep:
    But you don't challenge that by saying look at the EU as a whole to try and counter his argument about the UK

as I have shown the number of failed attacks (thank god for the security services and the general stupidity of the jihadist wouldn't you agree?) are quite large and when discussing the issues of muslim terrorist attacks in the UK you can't simply include the 'successful' ones and go 'hey there's only a few and if you include Iceland you'll see there's hardly any at all and if you include Spain you'll see there are more attacks done my non-Muslims than muslims'
    Pretty sure they've probably also foiled white non Muslim terrorist attacks too...Globally, most terrorism is fuelled by seperatism more than any thing else tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    So back to the question; there seems to be a link between terrorism and mass immigration of certain cultures. However, correlation does not mean causation;
    Do people think there is a link?

I shall go first; yes, there is a link.
    OK so if we close the doors and stop allowing immigrants then Islamic State will stop targeting the West and we won't need to worry about terrorism.

Maybe their jihad is about genuine concerns about immigration and multiculturalism so if we talked to them and said we understand and stopped immigration then maybe they would stop hating the west and this would solve the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    Maybe their jihad is about genuine concerns about immigration and multiculturalism so if we talked to them and said we understand and stopped immigration then maybe they would stop hating the west and this would solve the problem.
    Now now. Such sentiment is far too reasonable and well thought out for anyone to take seriously... sadly.

Just watch out for the people who will now call you a terrorist sympathiser.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...vilians-report

If Iraq has an MI5 equivalent, their head would be saying 'this is the highest level of threat from the UK and US I've seen since the last time they did this to us'

And we wonder why these people want to flee to Europe....

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure they've probably also foiled white non Muslim terrorist attacks too...Globally, most terrorism is fuelled by seperatism more than any thing else tbh.
    Probably true but isn't this about possible Muslims terrorist attacks in the UK?

Simple Question for you

Do you believe right now there are muslims in the UK planing to commit mass murder in the name of Islam?

ReputationRep:
    If the head of MI5 is saying that then that is obviously very worrying.

ReputationRep:
    Probably true but isn't this about possible Muslims terrorist attacks in the UK?

Simple Question for you

Do you believe right now there are muslims in the UK planing to commit mass murder in the name of Islam?
    There may well be. I don't know. I'm not a mind reader, but equally, there may well be a stormfront member planning to commit mass murder in the name of Christianity, or in the belief that they are somehow protecting "white people" What's your point?

ReputationRep:
    Apart for the attack on Lee Rigby and the Glasgow airport attacks

Some failed attempts and some of these got really close to being successful[*]2006 28 September: Talbot Street bomb-making haul[*]2007 1 February: The 2007 Plot to behead a British Muslim soldier[*]2007 29 June: 2007 London car bombs.[*]2008 27 February: British police thwarted a suspected plot to kill Abdullah of Saudi Arabia during a state visit to Britain in the year 2007 a senior officer said.[*]2012 June: Five Muslims plotted to bomb an English Defence League rally in Dewsbury but arrived late and were arrested when returning to Birmingham. A sixth was also convicted.[33][*]2013 April: As part of Operation Pitsford 11 Muslims are jailed for a plotting terror attack involving suicide Bombers.[34]
    Best post in the thread. Using successful terrorist attacks to justify your stance on the threat of terrorism is useless, the frequency and nature of all attempted terrorists attacks is much better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There may well be. I don't know. I'm not a mind reader, but equally, there may well be a stormfront member planning to commit mass murder in the name of Christianity, or in the belief that they are somehow protecting "white people" What's your point?
    On probability I think we can be extremely confident that there are. Saying you don't know is quite disingenuous - that just means to say we can't be certain. We don't need 100% certainty to be extremely confident though and all the evidence points to a continue Muslims terrorist threat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    OK so if we close the doors and stop allowing immigrants then Islamic State will stop targeting the West and we won't need to worry about terrorism.

I think the specific point here is actual ISIS operatives immigrating to launch attacks. Sure, that doesn't highlight the entire spectrum of Islamic terrorism but it's certainly one that we can have a significant level of control over.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonny360)
    What?? Someone from the 'Religion of Peace' wants to attack us?! Surely not...
    When faced with such a violent "religion of peace" there is only one response;

Je suis Charlie.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...people-4935086

They want to silence you. They want to scare people into submission. And people have seen through that all this politically correct nonsense is really about.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.