Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Petition: Make the production, sale and use of cannabis legal in the United Kingdom watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Make the production, sale and use of cannabis legal in the United Kingdom

This petition was debated by parliament and so far nothing has come of it, out of interest I think the TSR should vote on wither they believe cannabis should be legal in the United Kingdom. The following statement is what was on the original petition on the government website: legalising cannabis could bring in £900m in taxes every year, save £400m on policing cannabis and create over 10,000 new jobs.

A substance that is safer than alcohol, and has many uses. It is believed to have been used by humans for over 4000 years, being made illegal in the UK in 1925.

ReputationRep:
    Done already.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by A-levels hurt)

This petition was debated by parliament and so far nothing has come of it, out of interest I think the TSR should vote on wither they believe cannabis should be legal in the United Kingdom. The following statement is what was on the original petition on the government website: legalising cannabis could bring in £900m in taxes every year, save £400m on policing cannabis and create over 10,000 new jobs.

A substance that is safer than alcohol, and has many uses. It is believed to have been used by humans for over 4000 years, being made illegal in the UK in 1925.

We've passed this already.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Already legal
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I was going to say, I'm not sure quite how far the current Act goes, but it probably goes this far.

ReputationRep:
    already done? wow
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Already been done

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Birchington

Close the thread?

ReputationRep:
    MHoC, getting **** done before being asked to.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by A-levels hurt)

DAMN RIGHT IT WAS THE CONSERVATIVES AS WELL. I think out of all of my bills I'm most proud of that one.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    As the MHoC has already passed a law concerning cannabis legalisation, this petition will not go to Division.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.