Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, this is my current situation-

I am currently studying media production at De Montfort University and my total entailment for this year is £4987.00, the reason why I am getting less funding this year is because I got into a grant over payment because of last year 14/15, I was studying computer games programming and I left the course early. Once I was told I had a grant over payment I phoned student finance and they told me if I go into a new course I would be able to receive the full funding of £7520.00 plus the over payment would be taken out as monthly installments. I rang student finance last week and they said the grant over payment of £2533.00 has been taken out of this year’s funding because on the system I was registered as a suspend student. This was not the case as I rang my university multiple time and they confirmed I was registered as a withdrawal student. Because of this mistake I don’t have the full entailment with the option to set up monthly payment for the over payment.

can anyone please advice what i should do

many thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

If your university now sent over a withdrawal to us we could look into get this removed to the end of the course, If this happens you will then be required to complete a full new PN1 application for the 15/16 year. Also you can look into sending us some documents to show that without this money this academic year you will struggle to complete the course and we can look into again moving it to the end of the course. Some of the evidence we would require would be last three months bank statements, any obligations you have to pay, any arrears letter you may have also any other documents you feel will help this can also be sent. This is all dealt with on a case to case basis.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi,

If your university now sent over a withdrawal to us we could look into get this removed to the end of the course, If this happens you will then be required to complete a full new PN1 application for the 15/16 year. Also you can look into sending us some documents to show that without this money this academic year you will struggle to complete the course and we can look into again moving it to the end of the course. Some of the evidence we would require would be last three months bank statements, any obligations you have to pay, any arrears letter you may have also any other documents you feel will help this can also be sent. This is all dealt with on a case to case basis.

Thanks.
    many thanks for the reply

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.