Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

is it worth living at home for uni for the next 2 years? watch

ReputationRep:
    i could save roughly £10,000

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    DO you like living at home? Do you get on with your parents. How close to uni is your house? Do you want to be able to go out regularly with friends? Will living at home negatively effect that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    Yes, that is if you don't mind living at home for another 2yrs, and if your local uni offers a good course.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm living at home and I'd recommend it

ReputationRep:
    I would move out even if it would cost me that much. Just for the opportunity to grow up more and be more independent. New people, new places and new experiences are great for you.

ReputationRep:
    10k? That's like half the annual salary of the average fresh uni graduate! Definitely worth it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i would say move out,you'll get to experience what's it's like to be independent, and if you dont like it, move back home whenever the contract for accomondation or whatever ends. i've noticed parents get increasingly annoying as you grow up but i do love it when i dont have to pay the bills :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i would say move out,you'll get to experience what's it's like to be independent, and if you dont like it, move back home whenever the contract for accomondation or whatever ends. i've noticed parents get increasingly annoying as you grow up but i do love it when i dont have to pay the bills :ahee:
    i will have in exess of 30 years for living out and being 'independent'
    i wouldnt consider it being independent when you have loans to cover your expenses

ReputationRep:
    I did. It makes sense. Endure it. Free food, free housing usually. Only commuting on public transport will be the cost of living at home.

Now I have had enough money for almost 2 yrs to be on my own, of course with the help of mates.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.