Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is love only for certain people? watch

Announcements

I've never been loved and don't think I ever will be. I have loved but never been loved in return. I've been rejected by over 15 guys I'm so ugly I will never be enough. Even my own dad doesn't love me.

Every night is so painful and lonely I'm seriously not sure how much more I can take.

Why can't I feel love even just once in this lifetime?

ReputationRep:
    love is not for certain people, maybe it is a sign that suggests you need to change the way you behave to get others to love you. everyone has a soul partner, you may not be looking harder or analysing each rejection and see where the flaws are to improve. you will be loved some day and i'm sure you are loved by someone but you don't notice it because it is natural.

ReputationRep:
    Some people don't get any love. Some of us are meant to be forever alone. It's okay though, you get used to it. Just have to accept it and learn to live with it, it's not a big deal. That's why you have Netflix, junk food etc, to fill the void. First world problems.

(Original post by That 2Fase)
    Some people don't get any love. Some of us are meant to be forever alone. It's okay though, you get used to it. Just have to accept it and learn to live with it, it's not a big deal. That's why you have Netflix, junk food etc, to fill the void. First world problems.
    It might be a first world problem but I think I would rather die than consume mind numbing, empty stuff like that like an automaton for the rest of my life. I don't even like TV or junk food.

(Original post by itsyahg)
    love is not for certain people, maybe it is a sign that suggests you need to change the way you behave to get others to love you. everyone has a soul partner, you may not be looking harder or analysing each rejection and see where the flaws are to improve. you will be loved some day and i'm sure you are loved by someone but you don't notice it because it is natural.
    Yes something needs to change in me. I try to be a nice person but I just get trampled on I'm a doormat. And I'm ugly I've tried makeup and I am slim at size 6 but I'm still hideous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes something needs to change in me. I try to be a nice person but I just get trampled on I'm a doormat. And I'm ugly I've tried makeup and I am slim at size 6 but I'm still hideous.
    I am a size 6 and I am ugly as well but we have to move on from it because YOLO

ReputationRep:
    If u don't love yourself, how can others love u? Work on what u think makes u ugly until u think better of yourself. If u have more self-worth, then others won't treat u like a doormat.

ReputationRep:
    The question worth considering is whether people NEED love. Love comes in many forms..unconditional, conditional, romantic (which could apply to the first two). It is provided by many people. Your family, friends, romantic partners. Who is the most important provider of love to you? Can you survive without it? Can you be happy without it?
    Individual differences.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.