Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a dual honours course and I really hate one of the subjects I picked, computer science, we're about to go into the 6th week of the course now, is it to late to change courses now or will I have to wait until next semester?

If I did change it would it effect my degree at the end, because my first semester has 2 modules that have nothing to do with the subject I want to change it to?

I'm going to ask my personal tutor but I don't have a meeting for a few weeks so does anyone have any idea about what I'm asking?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Me123456789)
    I'm doing a dual honours course and I really hate one of the subjects I picked, computer science, we're about to go into the 6th week of the course now, is it to late to change courses now or will I have to wait until next semester?

If I did change it would it effect my degree at the end, because my first semester has 2 modules that have nothing to do with the subject I want to change it to?

I'm going to ask my personal tutor but I don't have a meeting for a few weeks so does anyone have any idea about what I'm asking?
    I think it's within the first 4 weeks of the first and second semester that it's acceptable to change so your next window will be from January. Talk to your personal tutor and come up with a plan of action from there.

I didn't enjoy computer science at Keele - I ended up transferring out in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    I think it's within the first 4 weeks of the first and second semester that it's acceptable to change so your next window will be from January. Talk to your personal tutor and come up with a plan of action from there.

I didn't enjoy computer science at Keele - I ended up transferring out in the end.
    Oh okay, thank you.

Did you transfer to a different university or a different course?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Oh okay, thank you.

Did you transfer to a different university or a different course?
    Different university but my gf dropped one half of her dual honours at Keele.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

Heyy,

My name's Jodie I work in the Student Services Centre. We can help you talk through the process of a Course Change and how this will affect your degree. You can find our drop-in times here: http://www.keele.ac.uk/studentservices/drop-in/

Hope this helps

Jodie

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 2, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.