Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is your revision technique(s)??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    share ur revision technique that helps u to achieve good grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kholland)
    using flashcards! by writing a question on one side, and then the answer on the other side, i am able to test myself!
    this is one of the most common methods I have seen everyone using... n I did this myself too
    however takes ages to make them

ReputationRep:
    Sit on desk, don't move bum. WORK! Best technique ever!

ReputationRep:
    I filled a book with revision notes, dozens of past papers, classical music and junk food

I learn well enough through rote learning/copying, but remember what works for other people may not work for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Sit on desk, don't move bum. WORK! Best technique ever!
    LOL nice technique

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicky628)
    I filled a book with revision notes, dozens of past papers, classical music and junk food

I learn well enough through rote learning/copying, but remember what works for other people may not work for you
    i know right! that's why i am just asking people to share their techniques so i can try some as my psychology test is coming up and it's too much for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    i know right! that's why i am just asking people to share their techniques so i can try some as my psychology test is coming up and it's too much for me
    If it's mainly essay based, learn technique/practice & read examiners' reports

For all the names and dates and schools of thought, that seems to lend itself towards tables/flash cards

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicky628)
    If it's mainly essay based, learn technique/practice & read examiners' reports

For all the names and dates and schools of thought, that seems to lend itself towards tables/flash cards

Good luck
    yup it is essay based....
    thnx for that

ReputationRep:
    Definitely flashcards for me! Although I also download podcasts and little song type things (where they make the lyrics relevant to the topic) and listen to them on my way to college (this really helped me for AS Psychology - there are people on youtube called WaheyProductions who make psychology podcasts)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzad0gs)
    Definitely flashcards for me! Although I also download podcasts and little song type things (where they make the lyrics relevant to the topic) and listen to them on my way to college (this really helped me for AS Psychology - there are people on youtube called WaheyProductions who make psychology podcasts)
    What is thisssss?!?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    What is thisssss?!?!?!?
    Haha it sounds super dorky I know, but for example last year for sociology I downloaded this:

and it really helped. There aren't that many available, and not for every topic or even subject but yeah In the exam I was just singing it in my head haha

ReputationRep:
    Haha it sounds super dorky I know, but for example last year for sociology I downloaded this:

and it really helped. There aren't that many available, and not for every topic or even subject but yeah In the exam I was just singing it in my head haha
    Lol I like it! I thought you were talking about an app or something to create your own songs! I want something like that, but then again I have an awful voice and I would cringe.

But I think converting text to audio files might work for me, when walking to 6th forms!

ReputationRep:
    Lol I like it! I thought you were talking about an app or something to create your own songs! I want something like that, but then again I have an awful voice and I would cringe.

But I think converting text to audio files might work for me, when walking to 6th forms!
    Ohhh, that would be pretty cool but I can't sing either so i'd focus more on how bad I sound rather than the information

Yeah I did a bit of that too - it does really help, especially if you put some jokes or something in there (at least, that works for me, maybe I'm just weird )

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh, that would be pretty cool but I can't sing either so i'd focus more on how bad I sound rather than the information

Yeah I did a bit of that too - it does really help, especially if you put some jokes or something in there (at least, that works for me, maybe I'm just weird )
    I do that, earlier I said something to myself and Lmao I was sitting there at my desk laughing for a good 10 minutes, I'm very sad like that

ReputationRep:
    I do that, earlier I said something to myself and Lmao I was sitting there at my desk laughing for a good 10 minutes, I'm very sad like that
    You sound like me Most of the time when I tell jokes and puns I'm the one who laughs the most at them while my friends just look at me like

ReputationRep:
    You sound like me Most of the time when I tell jokes and puns I'm the one who laughs the most at them while my friends just look at me like
    Same! It's the worst when I try to tell them a funny story, I just laugh inbetween my words and I suppose it becomes un-funny to them when they finally understand what I am saying! lol

ReputationRep:
    it might help me too if those videos contains the 2015-2017 spec then this would help me alot

ReputationRep:
    Get off TSR and actually do some work

ReputationRep:
    Same! It's the worst when I try to tell them a funny story, I just laugh inbetween my words and I suppose it becomes un-funny to them when they finally understand what I am saying! lol
    It's even worse when you think you have a funny story and halfway through telling it you realize it won't be funny to anyone else but you're too far in to stop

Name:  e156ba70f6080d05a3e7a2a291aa2773.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  53.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    I type up all of my notes in a word document, and then I look at past questions and see whether I would be able to answer the essay, and I draw up a plan for each essay.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.