Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Examine the way the relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth is portrayed in Macbeth.

ReputationRep:
    Shhhh :shh: it's badluck to say it out loud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Shhhh :shh: it's badluck to say it out loud.
    HeLP mE!! :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Social)
    HeLP mE!! :emo:
    I'm sorry! I couldn't help it though

Okay, I'm in A2 and have just literally started Macbeth before the half term, but what I gather from Lady Macbeths character is that she has a very strong sense of control of Macbeth, to the point where she has the ability to emasculate him and almost take his masculinity for herself. She desires to be a man it seems from her (take away my milk and turn it into poison) quote. She is not the typical gothic heroine at all, Macbeth in her grasp is very submissive. She brain washes him a lot, he repeats a lot of what she has said to him in previous scenes if you look closely enough.

That's about as much as I can think of right now I'm afraid, I'm not very far with Macbeth myself!

ReputationRep:
    When they decide to murder Duncan the "dearest partners" seem more like business men and women by the way they act.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I'm sorry! I couldn't help it though

Okay, I'm in A2 and have just literally started Macbeth before the half term, but what I gather from Lady Macbeths character is that she has a very strong sense of control of Macbeth, to the point where she has the ability to emasculate him and almost take his masculinity for herself. She desires to be a man it seems from her (take away my milk and turn it into poison) quote. She is not the typical gothic heroine at all, Macbeth in her grasp is very submissive. She brain washes him a lot, he repeats a lot of what she has said to him in previous scenes if you look closely enough.

That's about as much as I can think of right now I'm afraid, I'm not very far with Macbeth myself!
    The Macbeth repeating-Lady-Macbeth's-previous-lines thing
    is an awesome point that I never realised til now!! :eek: Thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    I wrote an essay on this during my GCSE years.

ReputationRep:
    I have written a whole essay on that. I achieved an A* so perhaps I could send you some of the main points.
    Is this for A level or GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielwinstanley)
    When they decide to murder Duncan the "dearest partners" seem more like business men and women by the way they act.
    That's a really interesting idea. One point I (briefly) explored in my (draft, very draft) essay was the impersonality of their relationship (like the fact that, when alone, she's always calling him by his grand future titles: "Glamis thou art, and Cawdor", "Great Glamis, Worthy Cawdor" etc.). Do you have any suggestions for how I could develop this further??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quentinhamilton)
    I wrote an essay on this during my GCSE years.
    Sharing *coughnotplagiarismcough* is caring??

ReputationRep:
    Sharing *coughnotplagiarismcough* is caring??
    Hahaha I'll see if I still have it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    I have written a whole essay on that. I achieved an A* so perhaps I could send you some of the main points.
    Is this for A level or GCSE?
    Wow, well done :eek: Was that A level or GCSE?? I'm doing it for GCSE (as you can probably tell). If you'd be willing, that would be amazing, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    You're most welcome!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, well done :eek: Was that A level or GCSE?? I'm doing it for GCSE (as you can probably tell). If you'd be willing, that would be amazing, thank you!
    Thank you. It was GCSE, yes. Alright, if you message me your email I can send you some of my essay. I'd send all of it but I don't want us to get into trouble for plagiarizing or anything like that.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.