The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St. John's College 2016 Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Random1357
I'm a uk applicant and I haven't got a letter yet so don't worry!

ahh it's good to know its not just me then :smile: fingers crossed for the both of us :crossedf:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by kawehi
Just got an interview for Biological Natural Sciences in the mail!!! Good luck to everyone else! :biggrin:

Well done!! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by etherealinsanity
Got an interview for English!

WELLL DONE!!!!!good luck with interview preparation x
Original post by Bazbaz
Hey everyone, just found this thread,

I'm applying to John's for HSPS, and was starting to get worried as half my friends (different colleges) have now been called to interview and I haven't. This thread is reassuring :':wink:

How is everyone feeling so close to finding out about interviews?

I'm going for HSPS too! What track are you hoping to do and have you heard back from them yet?
Original post by jujutheorange
I'm going for HSPS too! What track are you hoping to do and have you heard back from them yet?

Yay another HSPS applicant, I've been feeling lonely on this thread
I've heard nothing yet :/ Not very confident in my chances given a low UMS though, you?

And I want to do Politics, Sociology, IR, and Psychology in the first year, but beyond that I'm not sure. How about you?
Ahhh HSPS people! I'm interested in Sociology, Social Anthropology, Psychology and IR, super nervous though cause still no letter! :frown:
Original post by hazza_mcc
Ahhh HSPS people! I'm interested in Sociology, Social Anthropology, Psychology and IR, super nervous though cause still no letter! :frown:

No one has a letter don't worry about it :') two of my friends are applying for HSPS (different colleges) and they've both heard back though -and got interviews, the pressure is real
Original post by Bazbaz
No one has a letter don't worry about it :') two of my friends are applying for HSPS (different colleges) and they've both heard back though -and got interviews, the pressure is real

Tell me about it! The not knowing is so difficult, everyone I know whos applied seems to have heard back haha
Original post by Bazbaz
Yay another HSPS applicant, I've been feeling lonely on this thread
I've heard nothing yet :/ Not very confident in my chances given a low UMS though, you?

And I want to do Politics, Sociology, IR, and Psychology in the first year, but beyond that I'm not sure. How about you?

I'm thinkng about doing the exact same first year subjects as you! It seems like other colleges are much faster at getting back to their applicants, but I can't imagine John's taking much longer since the interviews are only about 2 weeks away :confused::eek:
Reply 149
Original post by kawehi
Just got an interview for Biological Natural Sciences in the mail!!! Good luck to everyone else! :biggrin:

Me too!
When is yours?
Original post by 12284
Me too!
When is yours?

Me too! Haha mine's on the 7th, when are yours?😄
Beginning to stress upon noticing a grammatical error on my personal statement... missing word...
Original post by Scott_dp
Beginning to stress upon noticing a grammatical error on my personal statement... missing word...

A single error like that probably won't get noticed, and even if it did I can't imagine they'll much care compared to all the other info they have on you.
Reply 153
Original post by 12284
Me too!
When is yours?

Original post by tammyd658

Mine's on the 9th! Congrats guys! :biggrin:
Original post by jujutheorange
I'm thinkng about doing the exact same first year subjects as you! It seems like other colleges are much faster at getting back to their applicants, but I can't imagine John's taking much longer since the interviews are only about 2 weeks away :confused::eek:

might end up seeing you on an almost daily basis then, sorry about that :s-smilie: They updated the applicants page to say they'd get everything out by the end of last week, so probably we'll know Monday or Tuesday fingers crossed!
Reply 155
Original post by tammyd658

Mines on the 8th!
Good luck!!
You didn't get a freepost return envelope for sending the interview form to the uni did you?
Original post by Bilalmuh123
WELLL DONE!!!!!good luck with interview preparation x

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by 12284
Mines on the 8th!
Good luck!!
You didn't get a freepost return envelope for sending the interview form to the uni did you?

Good luck too!
I got an envelope with the address on but think it still needs a stamp :smile:
Original post by kawehi
Mine's on the 9th! Congrats guys! :biggrin:

Oooh good luck, congrats too! :smile:
Original post by felecita
Praying tomorrow is the day...

Testify

Quick Reply