Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi TSR,

I completed my A-Levels last year and I'm currently taking a Gap Year. I want to study a bachelors in Accounting and I wish to do it in Canada rather than the UK but is it possible?

1) Is it too late to start that process now? and if not does anyone know the deadline dates approximately?

2) What are the steps to take in order to start my application?

3) How would the fees work? Will I be able to take out loans for my international study or will I be expected to be able to pay for them up front.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hey I'm in year 13 but I'm applying to Canada as well. I can't answer all your question but it's definitely possible for you to study in Canada, and it's not too late to start the application process.
    For most universities the application deadline for international students is around January, and it's simple because you don't have to do SATs or write a personal statement or anything like that!
    There's no UCAS system for Canada so you have to apply to each university individually (through the university website), except for universities in Ontario where you can apply to all universities in that province through one system (like UCAS for english unis).
    I'm not sure about the fees though. They're slightly different for each uni and it's not cheap for international students, but if by any chance you have French nationality if you were to go to uni in Quebec you would pay the same fees as Canadian students which is a lot cheaper! I don't think Canada do student loans, but I'm not 100% sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayanderson)
    Hi TSR,

I completed my A-Levels last year and I'm currently taking a Gap Year. I want to study a bachelors in Accounting and I wish to do it in Canada rather than the UK but is it possible?

1) Is it too late to start that process now? and if not does anyone know the deadline dates approximately?

3) How would the fees work? Will I be able to take out loans for my international study or will I be expected to be able to pay for them up front.

Thanks
    Hi there.

Usually, the deadline for applying for international students is around December, so you should have sufficient time to gather your documents and send them over to the universities. Note that they will require you to provide them with official documents. This means that it will have to be stamped by the relevant authority, most likely by your school.

You won't be able to take out any loans from the government, which means that you will have to pay upfront. However, I do know that many universities do provide international scholarships, provided that you get good grades. Some universities give out more than others, so you might want to take a look at that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayanderson)
    Hi TSR,

Thanks
    I believe the deadline is like January 1st or something like that. I would look at each uni's page before deciding.

Generally the best accounting programs in Ontario at least are at Waterloo's AFM program, Schulich, Rotman.

Ivey and Queens are top business schools but are generally where wannabe IBers go.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.