Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone gotten an offer from St. Andrews yet? I've looked on the forums and haven't found anyone, but I just wanted to ask.

ReputationRep:
    I have also applied to St Andrews for 2016 entry (Financial Economics MA) and I haven't received anything but the acknowledgement email from them, so if I were you I wouldn't worry as they haven't started handing out offers. I believed and have heard that they give offers out at roughly the same time as Oxbridge - about January time. Just being nosey here but what are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShelGroo)
    Has anyone gotten an offer from St. Andrews yet? I've looked on the forums and haven't found anyone, but I just wanted to ask.
    They wait until January 15th before they start giving out offers - that way they can look at every applicant with no advantage for applying early.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOTRfan)
    I have also applied to St Andrews for 2016 entry (Financial Economics MA) and I haven't received anything but the acknowledgement email from them, so if I were you I wouldn't worry as they haven't started handing out offers. I believed and have heard that they give offers out at roughly the same time as Oxbridge - about January time. Just being nosey here but what are you applying for?
    I'm applying for International Relations and Modern History

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Square)
    They wait until January 15th before they start giving out offers - that way they can look at every applicant with no advantage for applying early.

Best of luck!
    Thanks, but in the acknowledgement email they sent me, they said I should know by the end of November. I'm international though, so that could be the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe.aurelia24)
    What did you apply for? I've applied there for English (the 15th October) but haven't gotten an offer yet. But I know someone who got an offer just two weeks after applying so I reckon it depends on your course.
    International Relations and Modern History 😊

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but in the acknowledgement email they sent me, they said I should know by the end of November. I'm international though, so that could be the difference.
    Oh yes, its different for international students - the Jan 15 thing is only for UK ones.

Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, its different for international students - the Jan 15 thing is only for UK ones.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Are you applying for a masters degree? I applied on the 10th of October. Within two weeks my application showed "ACADEMIC DECISION HAS BEEN MADE" and then a week later I received an informal offer. A week ago I received my formal offer and have now accepted!

ReputationRep:

Do you know when EU applicants get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCI)
    Are you applying for a masters degree? I applied on the 10th of October. Within two weeks my application showed "ACADEMIC DECISION HAS BEEN MADE" and then a week later I received an informal offer. A week ago I received my formal offer and have now accepted!
    No, undergraduate. But congratulations though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyling_roses)
    Do you know when EU applicants get an offer?
    I believe its the same as the UK (for undergraduate) so after January 15.

ReputationRep:
    I believe its the same as the UK (for undergraduate) so after January 15.
    Yeah I checked just now, it's treated the same way as a home application
    Drat, I'm desperate for a response😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tyling_roses)
    Yeah I checked just now, it's treated the same way as a home application
    Drat, I'm desperate for a response😔
    Nothing to do now but play the waiting game. What are you applying for? And if I may ask, from where are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to do now but play the waiting game. What are you applying for? And if I may ask, from where are you applying?
    Yeah...
    Psychology and International Relations, and from Germany

Are you applying too?

ReputationRep:
    My daughter applied at the end of Oct. and received an unconditional offer before Thanksgiving for Math Honours. She is from U.S.

ReputationRep:
    My daughter applied the end of Oct and recieved an unconditional offer before Thanksgiving for Math Honours program. She is from U.S.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lynnts1)
    My daughter applied the end of Oct and recieved an unconditional offer before Thanksgiving for Math Honours program. She is from U.S.
    Congrats for your daughter :h: She must be so excited!

UK applicant here. I've received the acknowledgment and confirmation of fee status, so now I'm just waiting until after January 15th like everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

I'm an international student from New Zealand and also haven't received a response yet. My acknowledgement email also said they'd let me know by the end of November but their website says they 'aim to respond' to international applicants by the third week of November, so I'm assuming they have a high number of applications to get through I applied on the 15th of October for English and Modern History (undergraduate), so maybe I'll see you next year for MH!

Does anybody know if St Andrews responds to applications in order of subject/course? I've been keeping an eye on this forum for about a month now and noticed it was the international applicants for IR who received responses earliest.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by penguin97)
    Hey there,

I'm an international student from New Zealand and also haven't received a response yet. My acknowledgement email also said they'd let me know by the end of November but their website says they 'aim to respond' to international applicants by the third week of November, so I'm assuming they have a high number of applications to get through I applied on the 15th of October for English and Modern History (undergraduate), so maybe I'll see you next year for MH!

Does anybody know if St Andrews responds to applications in order of subject/course? I've been keeping an eye on this forum for about a month now and noticed it was the international applicants for IR who received responses earliest.
    The Schools look at the applications separately, so it basically depends on how busy that School's admissions officer is, and when they want to make the offers.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 2, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.