Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Has anyone attended an Open University ceremony? If so, what did you think to it? Be great to have some feedback on the whole process, from booking your place to the actual day itself.

Thanks very much!

SarahLooLee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahLooLee)
    Hi all,

Has anyone attended an Open University ceremony? If so, what did you think to it? Be great to have some feedback on the whole process, from booking your place to the actual day itself.

Thanks very much!

SarahLooLee
    Hi,

I attended one at the Sage, Gateshead in June. I really enjoyed it. Pretty easy to book on the Ceremonies page once you have your degree result (link appears on result page). Then there is a link to Ede & Ravenscroft to rent out the gown (optional but everyone at the ceremony I went to wore one), it wasn't that much, think it was around £45 off the top of my head. You can also book for photos to be taken on the day through Ede & Ravenscroft too and even though say can take a few weeks to arrive after the day they came a week after the ceremony for me!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.