Does anyone contribute toward the food bill At a resturant Watch

tmckinnin56
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
When you are at a resturant with a group of people rom work/friends etc do u pay towards the food bill or have a free lunch I.e unable to pay or try to pay or just let others pay for your lunch plus is it wrong to get a free lunch when others pay for u or help towards the bill

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scopeowner
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tmckinnin56)
When you are at a resturant with a group of people rom work/friends etc do u pay towards the food bill or have a free lunch I.e unable to pay or try to pay or just let others pay for your lunch plus is it wrong to get a free lunch when others pay for u or help towards the bill

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pay for what I've eaten. If I have no money because I've left it at home/spent it elsewhere, then I'll have a free lunch. But I'll probably pay more for lunch the next time, by paying off the debt from my friend who paid for my lunch last time.

It's best to be as fair as possible when it comes to paying up, you either equally split the bill or you pay for what you've ordered.
Bupdeeboowah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tmckinnin56)

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it's work, depends on who invited you/occasion/seniority of co-workers. A lot of variables.

If it's friend, depends on the occasion / what has been agreed beforehand.
A5ko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Split the bill.

Why? Because I'm not a cheap ass peasant.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We pay for what we've eaten / drank.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I pay for my own stuff. When I'm out with colleagues they often insist on buying me things, it makes me a little uncomfortable because they don't generally let me pay it back, I think it's because I'm quite young, they mother me a bit.
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends on who I'm with and what the occasion is. It isn't uncommon with closer work friends for one of us to just cover the bill in the interest of simplicity and on the understanding that somebody else is likely to do the same at some point. Generally, though, you should certainly pay for what you order unless somebody offers to pay for you - in which case it is up to you whether or not it is appropriate to accept.
TimmonaPortella
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by A5ko)
Split the bill.

Why? Because I'm not a cheap ass peasant.
Pretty much this.

Depends on what you've ordered, but if you have a meal and some people go through with their calculator saying 'well, I ate this, half of this, and drank about a third of that bottle of wine' it's really irritating.

If you're really skint, I guess either do that, after either explaining the position beforehand or prefacing it with 'I'm really sorry to be so horrifically awkward', or, better yet, go somewhere cheaper or eat at home.

But unless someone's offered to buy you lunch, e.g. you've been taken out by a senior work colleague, you need to pay something.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
well i went out for pizza absolutely ages ago with my friends and we just split the bill. I wouldn't really advise doing that tho as it all got a bit complicated with decimals and a confused waiter
samina_ay
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i pay for my own, sometimes others too... thats when i do go OUT to eat - very rare lol
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Everyone knows I've got 5 quid to pay for my lunch, I'd look a total knob if I just let someone else pay for it.
Nirvana27
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Split the bill, unless any of us is struggling for cash in which case we pay for what we ordered individually or help them cover their share of the bill.
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'll pay for my own unless it's on work expenses in which case I'll rinse it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (220)
23.66%
Pop (230)
24.73%
Jazz (35)
3.76%
Classical (56)
6.02%
Hip-Hop (174)
18.71%