Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

U.S. Student Attempting to Study at Coventry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all-

I'm hoping to find another student from the U.S. that is studying at Coventry University. I am wondering how you were able to finance your studies? It seems Coventry isn't like a majority of the UK schools, and they don't work with US federal student loans or our private student loan companies. I'm not sure how else I can get funding to attend uni, so I'm reaching out to hopefully find someone who has gone through the process with Coventry University and might be able to offer advice.

Thanks!
    Rebecca

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rpeterson04)
    Hi all-

I'm hoping to find another student from the U.S. that is studying at Coventry University. I am wondering how you were able to finance your studies? It seems Coventry isn't like a majority of the UK schools, and they don't work with US federal student loans or our private student loan companies. I'm not sure how else I can get funding to attend uni, so I'm reaching out to hopefully find someone who has gone through the process with Coventry University and might be able to offer advice.

Thanks!
    Rebecca
    Is there any reason why you are specifically interested in Coventry uni? It's not one of the better ranked unis in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    They are one of the few unis that I have found that offers a January intake for the program I am interested in, and I am really looking to go back to school in January and not put it off until next September.

Also, I am looking for something up near that area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rpeterson04)
    They are one of the few unis that I have found that offers a January intake for the program I am interested in, and I am really looking to go back to school in January and not put it off until next September.

Also, I am looking for something up near that area.
    To be honest, in the long run, I think you would be better off looking at one of the other unis in that area and going in September if you have the grades. It is likely to be a better bet for your career prospects (check out www.unistats.ac.uk for the data).

For unis in that neck of the woods, have a look at Warwick (confusingly, based in Coventry, not Warwick), Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham, Loughborough (especially if you are sporty) or perhaps Aston (especially if you are looking to study a business related subject).

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.