Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I used to use the cross trainer a lot, also an exercise bike, walking and exercising on the wii but I tend to go through phases of exercising and then not and it's harder to get back into. Does anyone have any advice about how to get back into it and actually enjoy it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkstudent63)
    I used to use the cross trainer a lot, also an exercise bike, walking and exercising on the wii but I tend to go through phases of exercising and then not and it's harder to get back into. Does anyone have any advice about how to get back into it and actually enjoy it?
    Well, I can think 2 main ways.
    1-Choose a sport you really like. For me its bboying cos I like the arty side. Maybe youre into cheese rolling if so, go for it!

2-Go with your friends or a group, makes everything easier and more enjoyable!

ReputationRep:
    for me it's learning how to cycle, I get to go anywhere 3 times faster than walking plus I'm now cycling with others.

ReputationRep:
    As above - find a type of exercise or a sport that you genuinely enjoy! It sounds really obvious, but I think sometimes people feel like they 'aren't sporty' or 'don't like exercise' based on not enjoying PE at school etc. But there are so many different sports out there, there is almost always something you'll enjoy. Have a think about what kind of things you'd do if you could try anything. Would you prefer a team sport or an individual sport? Sport clubs and exercise classes can make exercise more fun because you've got the social aspect, so maybe have a look at joining a class. If you can't afford to join a gym or club, how about seeing if you can get some friends to try ParkRun with you, which is free and tends to be held every weekend in a lot of places around the UK now.

With things like the crosstrainer, exercise bike etc...all I can suggest is a) music, and b) set yourself little goals and challenges, like trying to beat a certain time or a certain record for yourself, to get yourself a bit more competitive. You could also think about trying HIIT exercises, so that you're exercising in short but intense bursts, if that feels less boring.

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly like you! For me the best way to stick with exercise is to join a club or exercise with other people- one that gives you a commitment and two it's motivational to exercise with others. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.