Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

6 uni choices,help me narrow it down to 5? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I need advice on narrowing my choices down to 5, at the moment I have 6:Manchester, Leeds,Southampton,Exeter ,Cardiff and Liverpool
    Which one should I not apply for?

ReputationRep:
    I think in general terms, Liverpool is less reputable than your other choices. Another easier way to narrow them down and compare them more easily would be if you had the entry requirements from all the unis.

ReputationRep:
    Bath or UCL

ReputationRep:
    Exeter >> Southampton/Leeds > Cardiff/Liverpool imho...

I'd leave Cardiff out...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone,it will either be Cardiff,Southampton or Liverpool to go as Leeds,Manchester and Exeter are my top 3! I achieved AAB at AS and am predicted AAA at A2 but i am worried just in case i dont get the grades -Liverpool is the only one that requires ABB the rest are AAA-AAB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahmayy98)
    Thanks everyone,it will either be Cardiff,Southampton or Liverpool to go as Leeds,Manchester and Exeter are my top 3! I achieved AAB at AS and am predicted AAA at A2 but i am worried just in case i dont get the grades -Liverpool is the only one that requires ABB the rest are AAA-AAB.
    If this is the case, then keep Liverpool as an insurance and then take either Cardiff or Southampton out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexkol)
    If this is the case, then keep Liverpool as an insurance and then take either Cardiff or Southampton out...
    I think Southampton may have to go-it requires AAA but if you achieve an A grade in EPQ then they accept AAB, Leeds and Manchester AAA,Cardiff AAB and Liverpool ABB.Is Liverpool still seen as a good uni for law?as it is a Russell Group,i heard Manchester is so hard to get into as there are so many people applying there but id really love to go there!

ReputationRep:
    I think Southampton may have to go-it requires AAA but if you achieve an A grade in EPQ then they accept AAB, Leeds and Manchester AAA,Cardiff AAB and Liverpool ABB.Is Liverpool still seen as a good uni for law?as it is a Russell Group,i heard Manchester is so hard to get into as there are so many people applying there but id really love to go there!
    I personally don't think Liverpool is a really good university for law. I would suggest choosing the other ones over Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    It is ok, but if you cannot make it to the other ones?

ReputationRep:
    Ditch liverpool

ReputationRep:
    Southampton's great - I wouldn't discount it so easily. However, if you think you'll struggle to get the grades then there's no point

It's my no.1 right now

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff is like the gem under loads of ugly rock. My sister was in tears when she found out she got into cardiff as her reserve in comparison to Exeter, but Cardiff has a sick SU and the nightlife is amazing. The accom (if you put cardiff as 2nd choice your accom will probably be Sengehnnydd which is hilarious to stay in but like 10 min walk from the city centre.) The locals are lovely, everyone comes from the middle of nowhere so staying in their village for a weekend is cray cray but fun

ReputationRep:
    I ended up dropping Exeter!As it wasnt for me,it wouldnt have felt like i had moved on from the countryside,whereas all the others are lively cities.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.