The Student Room Group

Lemur's GYG Thread

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=MrMackyTv;64207333]Yeah hopefukky he will lol. On a serious note, that could be a violation...

Yeah I get that but there's not much I can do from home and she wasn't taking any questions so the best I can do is this and declare innocence

Any time that is suitable for everyone. We can talk about that in the skype group chat.

Ok :smile: I can't do Wednesday but if everyone else can it will be fine
Original post by MrMackyTv

Yeah I was quite nervous, never heard your voice until then so it was weird, when more people join and we talk more we should get use to it :smile: Want to start revision sessions next week?

Same, I was nervous when I heard you talk and I guess we were a bit shy to begin with, lol. I've sent you a message on Skype regarding the scheudles for revision sessions.
About to be picked up by the CEO for my work experience. Very nervous:s-smilie:
The first few days of work experience have been good. I've completed an entire set of accounts for one company and I'm going to start another company tomorrow. We went to London to establish a link between a bigger accountant and this company I'm working for which was quite fun apart from I think I might have messed up their filing system :s-smilie:
My work experience is now finished :frown: I did another 2 sets of company accounts in the last 2 days and I've met a couple of clients as well. I've also got a great employer report to have as a reference :smile:
Tomorrow I plan to do as much of the homework I've been neglecting this week as possible. I also want to complete the biology paper we started this evening in the year 10 skype group (@JTran38 , @MrMackyTv is it cheating to revise a load of biology in the morning before I finish it (((jokes I won't really as that would ruin the point of it))) ). If I have time I would like to do as much as possible of my computing high level overview and pseudo code as well but I doubt with all the homework and Skyping I'll be doing it will get that far :frown: @MrMackyTv is also off school so in the morning we might do some revision together :smile:
On Saturday I will continue with this list as well as getting involved with the history in particular scheduled and if possible the physics also. In the unlikely event that I finish l that with time to spare I have plenty of notes to write :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
The last 2 days back at school have sort of gone in a blur
I got a lot of my computing done on Monday :smile: nearly finished the task I'm on and I'm going back tomorrow to help a friend so I may get a bit more done then.
Chemistry we should be finishing C2 next week so we will do a mock after that and then start our ISA
Today we got our history mock back :smile: I got 29/35 which is an A3, nearly an A2 so a big improvement on last time (B3). We did a lot of improvements on it but we didn't get to the last questions which was the one I completely flunked (5/10). By the brief look I had at it, I didn't link my points to the question well and I slightly went off answering a similar question rather than the actual one. I'm still quite happy with it though :smile: In the second half we did the Montgomery bus boycott which was interesting, particularly learning how MLK Jr. became part of it.
In business we continued work on our controlled assessment. We were meant to do a load of practice writeup today however the fire bell went after half the lesson so we wasted half an hour on that (we were the opposite side of the site from where we have to go which didn't help either). Apparently the cause was some year 7s messing around and ended up pushing someone into the alarm however I wouldn't be surprised if it was the year 11s as they are in their last week of proper lessons before they go into a revision timetable next week.
English we had our lang assessment. We were given nothing to revise with and we only have an hour a week so I wasn't feeling confident. Plus, it was after lunch and it had been snowing at lunch so it took me most of the lesson to warm up to the point that I could write at a decent pace (I think that was also a side effect of not having written much last week and yesterday only writing for one lesson). I wasn't happy with what I wrote as I didn't refer to the source enough and I didn't have enough time to write all the points I wanted so the piece was rather one sided. I also think I missed the style :frown:

I haven't actually got any homework this week so far so all I have to do is revision and a bit of biology homework which I haven't done yet :smile: No doubt this pattern will be broken tomorrow :frown:
Lots of news today so I thought I would do a one off update :smile:

I went back after school to help my friend with her computing and I ended up doing a lot of mine lol. It is now almost complete coding wise :smile::party: so all I have to do is a lot of evidencing and a few minor adjustments!

End of year maths test brought forwards about 4 weeks, now WB 23/5/16, the same week as my RS exam :frown:

So next year in maths, we'll be doing additional maths as well. Why we need so many maths GCSEs is beyond me but oh well

Our amazing maths teacher will be staying on! He was debating going back to his home country but he has more countries he wants to visit in Europe so is staying :smile:

English lit exam on Friday! This was definitely not mentioned before today! Stupid comparative essay about a really difficult poem :frown:

My mum carefully scheduled holidays around the third Thursday in August as results day. I hadn't really put much thought into it until I realised the results day is the fourth Thursday so I'm on holiday. Oops! The rest of the family are at home but I'm on camp so I can still get my results <is glad that it's the camp where we have electricity and can charge phones>

(edited 7 years ago)
Today was a bit mad!

In maths we did factoring complex trinomials by decomposition which was really easy (though he set us homework for tomorrow which is annoying). I did most the homework in physics (all apart from watching the video) because physics was really boring textbook work.

In chemistry we did electroplating. We have now officially finished C2!!!:party:

In RS we went through a lot of 6 markers on the topic of crime. Some people know a lot of religious teachings! (eg more than I know about my own religion!)

In business, our teacher was off teaching another class so we had a cover teacher...who announced we would be doing our draft controlled assessment today! We only did question 1 and 2 (our of I think 11) and I'm already at the suggested word count lol and these were meant to be the shorter questions! I didn't write as much as I wanted to either but it got to the point it was way too long so I rounded it up and stopped.

To do:

Watch a maths video on completing the square before tomorrow

Try and add to my analysis of 'Remains' and 'War photographer' for English tomorrow

Do some more on my biology work which the teacher seemed to think I asked for :rolleyes:

Revise by doing a C1 paper with the year 10 Skype group tonight

Revision- particularly for the RS exam, end of year maths test and stats exam.

Notes- anything I haven't yet completed notes for (that would be everything apart from one unit of history...)

Friday was not a good day :frown:
First we had biology and the teacher had been told off for doing the ISA (I think we might have put our chemistry teacher on the scent oops) so we were back on B2 (oh soo much fun) but we actually spent most of the lesson replying to her (mostly unreadable) comments on our work. She also pulled quite a few people out of the lesson to say they were rude (when they definitely weren't) I think my mum is going to put in an official complaint because I really can't deal with her next year.
English was also not great- we didn't have to write the full comparison essay thankfully but we did have a write a fair section on it and the poem really wasn't easy to analyse (and the table behind me wouldn't stop talking which was really distracting)
PE was fun- we played benchball again :smile: I think we're moving on to summer sports now as the hall is taken for exams (or is from next week)
Maths was really boring because we spent the entire lesson listening to how to complete the square which I understood after the first example so didn't need the next 5!
History was ok, certainly not as eventful as the last Friday afternoon lesson lol

The weekend was really busy- I had my grandfather's birthday party and we went to London yesterday :smile:

Today in History we got told that we are exactly half way through the course content (excluding the fact we have controlled assessment to do) which is quite good, though I get the feeling we might be a bit behind.
In business, we got told the deadline for our controlled assessment is next week! We were told the 19th so this was big news as we've only done the first 3 questions (the 3 simplest out of 10 questions)
In maths, we finally got to actually do some examples of completing the square. We will do the quadratic equation which we've done before and then have a test on quadratics next Friday.

To do:

History 10 marker

RS revision

Stats revision

C2 revision

notes for many subjects!

revision with the year 10 skype group - great session on unseen poetry tonight guys, thanks :smile:

Wednesday was good.
Computing was a bit frustrating as I thought it was totally working but apparently the last bit wasn't so I had to spend quite a bit of time working on that. Apart from that I spent most the time doing testing and evidence. Next lesson will be mostly evidencing as well but I'm nearly finished apart from the extremely long programming techniques section.
Chemistry, we just wrote down a load of keywords for the ISA which was quite boring but oh well, some lessons have to be boring sometimes.
Maths, we started finding the quadratic equation which we did last year and the teacher didn't realise so it was a bit basic lol
PE, we had to do rounders instead of benchball :frown: because there were teachers taking a load of students to district sports so there was only 2 teachers for all 80 of us and 80 can't play benchball at once lol
Today biology was horrible. I'm not going to go into too much detail but let's just say that our class was perfectly good however the teacher decided to sit at her computer for 25 minutes after she turned up 10 minutes late and gave us nothing to do. Then all we did was watch a 4 minute video :s-smilie:
IT was good because we finally finished the extremely repetitive and boring scenarios so now we have free time until the mock in a few weeks(well I'll have to do computing because it is my computing teacher but I enjoy computing so I'm not complaining)
English was ok but the poem we did was quite hard (Poppies, for anyone in year 10). We should be continuing it tomorrow so hopefully I'll get more incite then
Physics was very boring but we have finally finished P2 :smile:
Business was a bit of a panic to try and get our coursework finished, I'm now on Question 7 and I've got half of my appendix done but the remaining questions are really difficult so hopefully when we have our teacher back on Tuesday we might get some help.

To do:

History 10 mark question

Physics revision (test 11th May)

Biology revision (test at some point in the future ...?)

RS/Stats revision

Note

I think we're doing maths in the revision skype group tonight so I'll join in with that :smile:

<has a panic because it is less than 2 weeks until RS exam>
Monday was ok.
In computing/ECDL I worked on correcting the code which I had wrong last week and evidencing. I've now met the half term deadline apart from I haven't evidenced the last task because we're waiting for clarification from AQA over an ambiguity in the task sheet.
In chemistry we started our practice ISA, fun times...
In PE we're stuck to the horrible rounders now :frown: I can't hit the ball, throw or run so this isn't great and we'll continue with rounders until July now :frown: I can catch most the time but because as I can't throw I basically can't go on the bases incase the runner gets past and I have to throw it to someone else (and I can't field for the reasons above so basically rounders is pointless for me)

Today, in history we did sit ins and freedom riders which was quite interesting.
In business, I'm now up to question 9 with one hour to finish on Thursday. Not quite sure it's going to be done so hopefully I can get some done tomorrow night which if it goes in the appendix I am allowed to do :smile:
Finally, in English we moved onto creative writing (oh I love that sooo much not). We should be getting our results from the assessment we did 2 weeks ago on Monday. I don't really want mine though as I know it went really badly :frown:

To do:

Sort out stuff for business on Thursday

Biology revision for whenever the test is

Maths revision for the quadratics test on Friday and the end of year test in 2 weeks

RS revision (actual exam in less than 2 weeks!)

Complete maths paper 2 June 2014 for the year 10 skype group ready for review on Thursday (I did paper 1 and got 55/60- A* :smile:)

Any other revision/ notes I still have to do

Wednesday was ok.
Double electronics was more breadboarding, completing a set of tasks one by one. I'm nearly finished and then I get to design my own pic chip project :smile:
English was not good. The poem, as predicted was horrible and we're continuing with it tomorrow :frown:
Physics we did a test which went a lot better than I expected mostly due to the absence of half the topics we were expecting so it was quite short and the topics that were on there were quite easy :smile:
Maths we did some more quadratics (oh soooo fun.......)

Today, I missed half of maths to go to a meeting and then we did f(x) in the second half (I had no clue why this was difficult lol)
Physics we got our tests back (yay) and I got 84%, with the class average being 74.4%. then we did the research stage of our ISA which I haven't got finished but hopefully it will be ok because it's only a practise and in the real thing he won't have to reexplain what our chemistry teacher already explained explain all the sections.
Chemistry we did a full research lesson for the practise ISA, which I've finished :biggrin: next lesson should be paper 1
RS we did some marking of answers which was extremely boring and obvious (and not helpful for revision at all)
Business we had a massive panic to get our draft in for our controlled assessment. There was all sorts of bits which the teacher hadn't mentioned before that we apparently should have had and I still hadn't quite finished the questions. I finished it alright but it wasn't my best work so it's a good thing it is only a draft!

To do:

English homework for tomorrow (kindly set yesterday :frown:)

Maths revision for tomorrow and end of year test in 4 weeks (got moved) --> Quadratic revision hopefully with the year 10 revision group tonight :smile:

RS revision

Biology revision

Stats revision

Other revision

Yesterday wasn't too bad.
Double electronics was fun :smile: I've now finished the original challenges and are moving on to the extensions. After next lesson we are starting the planning for our coursework!
RS was boring as usual. The revision we are doing isn't productive and mostly involves bullet pointing 6 markers which I don't find helpful at all, particularly when only 1 religious teaching is included.
English was descriptive writing :frown: Apparently we have a mock in English Lang soon as well which isn't good
Biology was biology. We had a difficult test on things we were supposed to have learnt in November but didn't because well, you know, bad teacher not teaching us anything. About 2/3s of the class did end up in a detention though but I doubt they went to it.

Today in history we did the Washington March 1963. I'm finding history very interesting at the moment which is good
In business we got our marks back for our drafts. I got 7/10 which was the top grade for the class. I wrote over triple the suggested word count and most of my improvements were explain further or add in pros and cons so the final thing is going to be really long. We spent the second hour writing notes for our final piece which I have to finish tonight ready for the first bit of write up on Thursday.
Maths was mostly about going through the test and being given a load of revision sheets for the tests coming up. In the test it wasn't graded by marks but by understanding and I got E (excellent), E+, G (good) which I'm happy with as this was just a progress checker and by this point we should be at S (some)

To do:

History revision notes (homework due 27/5)

Business coursework notes (19/5)

Maths revision (25/5, 27/5, 7/6)

RS revision (23/5)

Stats revision (27/6)

Other revision

(edited 7 years ago)
Yesterday in computing my code has broken. By itself! It was working last thing last week and wasn't first thing yesterday so I'll have to work out what it wrong with it over the weekend.
In chemistry we did paper 1 practise for our ISA which I think went well.
In maths we did graphing which was really boring though thankfully we didn't have to draw very many.
In PE it was wet so we all went inside the only place where the exam seats aren't out and played dodgeball with barriers. The barriers weren't great though so it didn't work very well and we couldn't throw the balls hard because they practically floated (they were balloon like lol).
Today in biology we didn't do much, mostly because the teacher spent ages trying to get us in the right seating plan and then as soon as she walked out the room to get the HOD everyone moved into the right place (I sit in the same place regardless).
In ECDL, we had the mock sprung on us but I got 91% in the performance and 100% in the knowledge (the pass mark is 55%) so I did alright.
In english we analysed "Tissue" which is a bit weird but I can now be happy because there are only 4 poems left to study :biggrin:
In physics we did paper 1 for our practise ISA. My research was nothing like as good as in chemistry as we had much less time but I still think it went alright.
In business we started our write up. There were quite a few computer issues but I got to question 5. I think I'm a bit behind most other people so I need to pick up the pace next lesson.

To do:

RS revision

History notes (nearly finished)

Maths revision + homework

Stats revision

Sciences revision

Business coursework notes (Qs 8-10)

Other revision

The RS exam is over! Finished, 100% complete.
I have absolutely no idea how it went but I think it was either excellent or terrible (there's no inbetween lol).
A lot of the stuff we learnt was completely unable to be used in the exam as the questions were a bit awkward so I ended up relying on only a couple more generic teachings for each religion even though I knew a lot more :frown:
Hopefully it went better than I feel like it did.

Back for a proper update tomorrow :smile:

Note: I found what was wrong with my computing. I was testing it in the wrong way. Durrrr......
Yesterday was stressful with the exam etc.
In the morning we had computing where I finally worked out why my code was working sometimes and sometimes not :smile: Stupid mistake but oh well I've sorted it now
Then we had ECDL were supposed to be reviewing our mocks but the system went wrong so I spent most my time on TSR cramming for the RS
Last, we had the exam which I've talked about in my last update^

Today we had history, where we wrote absolutely loads (nearly as much as I did in the exam yesterday!) so my hand hurt a lot lol
Next, in business we had a while to almost complete our coursework. My coursework helpfully deleted a load 3 paragraph question which was a bit of a pain as I otherwise could have finished today but we've got a bit of Thursday so I will finish it then instead
Finally, in English we were doing narrative writing but we didn't do much writing and I still have no clue about different types of narration so I'm not quite sure what we did learn lol

To do:

History homework

Business notes

Maths revision

No RS revision :smile::smile:

Stats revision

Learn my lines for the play I'm in where the script has just come through and I'm expected to roughly know my lines 2 days before my last exam --> we were told after all exams but I guess that's my fault for having practically the last exam in the year lol

Other revision such as with the year 10 skype group :smile:

Beginning of half term update.
I have a long to do list this half term which has been much greater increased by the fact apparently we are doing mocks in June. In 3 weeks. And they only thought to tell us YESTERDAY!
Not impressed as when have they scheduled them? The weeks either side of the stats exam. They've never had mocks in June for year 10 before so it's a bit frustrating to have been told this now when I was looking forward to a relatively quiet half term.
The exam schedule current looks like.
WB 20th June
3 maths exams on this week, currently days haven't been decided but likely to be over maths so that's stats revision sessions missed :frown:
21st June English lang paper 1
22nd June English lang paper 2

WB 27th June
27th June 8:45 stats GCSE exam
29th June 12:25 biology B2
30th June 9:55 physics P2
30th June 11:20 chemistry (content currently unconfirmed but I would suspect C2)
Half term to do list - will hopefully remember to turn green once completed
Homework--must do

English comparative seen poetry essay

Chemistry- finish paper 2 for practice ISA

(woah I thought there was a lot more than that lol)
Revision- should do

Notes for all 3 sciences

A stats past paper to check I've kept up the level since the mock having done no stats since

Computing pseudo code/flow charts

History plcs

Look through the requirements for the English lang papers

Maths end of year test booklet

MITSL every poem in the anthology

Other- could do if time

Sort out all of my notes etc. into folders

Try learn what I can of the script for the show, although with the mocks I doubt this will be done

Other revision/work which I'm sure I will think of as soon as I click post on this lol

(edited 7 years ago)
I haven't done an update in ages :frown: Just hasn't been the time. Still no time tonight as trying to prepare for the exams over the next couple of weeks but I will try my best to do a MEGA update at the weekend.
Just a couple of important points for now :smile:
38/50 for my practise physics ISA which I believe was highest in the class
29/40 in my English language essay which we did 7 weeks ago (the one I said went really bad obviously wasn't as bad as I thought)
English- Mock dates 21/22nd June
We've been covering section A of language ready for our mocks this week. After mocks we're going to do the speaking and listening. We're not going to be finishing the final 2 poems this year :frown:
Maths- Mock dates 20 (x2)/21st June, STATS- 27th JUNE
Our teacher has told us to ignore the mocks as we've already done our end of year test and we have stats revision to do. In class we've been doing stats and after the exam we'll be doing circle theorems
Chemistry- Mock date 30th June
We're currently completing the rates of reaction ISA, we will do the practical on Wednesday this week then paper 2 next Monday before the mock on Thursday. After the mock we will start C3.
Physics- Mock date 30th June
We've been working through the notes for the friction ISA, and will do paper 1 on Thursday this week before mocks next week. After this we will continue with the ISA then go onto P3.
Biology- Mock date 29th June
We're still very slowly going through B2and it's very confusing. Once we finish B2 we might start the ISA but who knows when that will be!
History- Mock date 28th June
We've just finished KQ3 for USA-Land of Freedom? and are moving on to KQ4. Mock is on KQ1&2 and notes are complete for those :smile: After KQ4 we will probably start the British Depth Study before the CA in September
Electronics
We're working on the analysis stage of our controlled assessment atm. Should be finished by end of term so we can design the product etc. over the summer.
Business
Working through investigation 2 for our coursework which should be finished before the end of term. Investigation 3 will be next half term before the final unit after Christmas. Have a couple of business trips coming up as well :smile:
Computing
CA isn't far off being completed. Everything has to be in before July 20th. I have programming techniques (worth over half the marks!) and my final evaluation left to do.
ECDL- Final exam 23rd June
We've been ready for this exam for ages so we've been doing revision and computing in these hours. Will continue that after the exam.
RS
Currently learning about David Koresh and the Branch Davidians by watching a 3 hour documentary :smile: Half way through and should finish with 2-3 lessons before end of term
PE
Waiting for our year 11 options to come back. They're finished but the teacher hasn't got round to telling us yet :frown:
Will try and do another update next weekend but I'm busy the entire weekend and will have stats to revise in any free time so it might be another 2 weeks before an update :frown:
Off to do a stats paper now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending