The Student Room Group

What is your life story?

Ok I was born in London. My mum is French / Indian and my Dad is Indian. I grew up in the bad part of town - North East London. My dad is an orthopaedic surgeon with a practice @ Barts and Harley St. My mum is basically a gold digger - but she's a lovely woman and she does my cooking / washing etc so it's ok. I have two younger sisters. I went to a boys school in Ilford but my thinking was way too advanced for them so I left and went to a private school. Then I got into Oxford where I got a first. I've had many girls in the past but not for very long. I like to receive but don't like to give. We now live in North West London and I live in w8. I am quite fortunate but i feel I have underachieved given my capabilities.

Dunno what else there is to say.

Would love to know your stories. Let's make this a great thread!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm from India originally. Fell in love with a wonderful French woman and had a kid. He's 13 now. We try to love him but it is hard.

He seems to live in a fantasy land, making up stories in his head and telling people about them. He is convinced his toy cars are real. He struggles at school due to all his daydreaming. He also gets in trouble all the time, often for pulling girl's pigtails.

The child psychiatrist doesn't know what is wrong. We blame ourselves. Increasingly I find myself turning to the bottle.
Original post by aamirac
Don't you have an interview to go to?

Interview practice Fri Sat And some of Sunday
Could we please have some actual life stories and not so much spam - the person who did post a life story actually got put off by all the spam and deleted it!
Original post by MrAwesomeGenius
I'm from India originally. Fell in love with a wonderful French woman and had a kid. He's 13 now. We try to love him but it is hard.

He seems to live in a fantasy land, making up stories in his head and telling people about them. He is convinced his toy cars are real. He struggles at school due to all his daydreaming. He also gets in trouble all the time, often for pulling girl's pigtails.

The child psychiatrist doesn't know what is wrong. We blame ourselves. Increasingly I find myself turning to the bottle.

LOL
My life story: My dad gave his sperm to the doc, he put it into my mums egg, and I was born. I was an IVF baby :biggrin: That is my life story :h:

Aren't you leaving? :curious:
Get ready for the essay guys...
Hi! I'm Ravioli (not my real name) and I'm going to try and give you a small outlook of who I am.

I'm 16 from London, UK and was told that I have UC in March this year - just before my final secondary school exams were to take place. All of my symptoms began when I was aged 11/12, which is really young compared to the average age. Everything was horrible then, and I was 26kg. I had my first colonoscopy and was told that I have a minor form of colitis, the name too long to remember and was also told that I have anaemia. They didnt give me any medication and was only given iron tablets and multivitamins. After a while, I was discharged from hospital
For three years, the disease was in remission - until everything came back. All the symptoms came back at the wrong time, as I was prepping for my final exams and was weighing 39kg. The doctors thought it came back because of stress. I was told that I would have another colonoscopy a week after my first hospital appointment in three years. That was when they said it may be PROBABLE Ulcerative Colitis. They then asked me to take corticosteroids for 10 weeks (40mg a week, dose decreasing each week) with Omeprazole (20mg), mesalazine (octasa 2.4g) daily, calcichew d3 (twice daily), ferrous fumrate 315mg (one daily) and multivitamins. What sucked the most was that it was two / three months before exams and because I was newly diagnosed, I had to visit the hospital weekly for blood tests, which didnt make my teachers very happy until they got the proof that they needed from my IBD nurse.
My exams went great though and I got amazing grades = 100 per cent better than what I thought I would get (even my parents got shocked haha) and am now in college (known as sixth form in the UK) and am still doing fab! I was given extra time in exams just in case I needed a break in between. Whats really annoying is that I feel that teachers are being much more nicer to me - which I dont want because I want to feel like every other student.
I now visit the hospital every 3-5 months and I get flares 1 or 2 times a month. I am still on iron, multivitamins, calcium and octasa (thrice daily).

Sorry for the lecture!
Hope that tells you something about me
ravioliyearsxx
I'm a person coming from a broad background with old-fashioned tastes, a refined mindset and an unhealthy obsession with clubbing people to near-death in organised mêlées.

What more is there to say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I told you it's an essay - sorry :redface:
Well, I was born in a deprived town on the outside of Manchester, to parents who are both Bangladeshi. My Dad works as a typical Bangladeshi immigrant does - a chef in an Indian restaurant, and my mum is a housewife, something I'm not particularly proud of lol.
As far as education goes, I've been state schooled from the very beginning. At secondary school (an underperforming one), I was considered bright for achieving high grades earlier than my peers, but that went slightly downhill at the time it really mattered, Year 11. But I got the highest in the year and it's still good enough for me to pursue what I'm pursuing now, at sixth form, so all is well. My first choice university is Cambridge and it would be so amazing if I could actually get in :daydreaming:

I don't know what will happen in the future but I sure hope it involves me making a valuable contribution somehow and being happy :yep:

That's basically it
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ravioliyears
Hi! I'm Ravioli (not my real name) and I'm going to try and give you a small outlook of who I am.

I'm 16 from London, UK and was told that I have UC in March this year - just before my final secondary school exams were to take place. All of my symptoms began when I was aged 11/12, which is really young compared to the average age. Everything was horrible then, and I was 26kg. I had my first colonoscopy and was told that I have a minor form of colitis, the name too long to remember and was also told that I have anaemia. They didnt give me any medication and was only given iron tablets and multivitamins. After a while, I was discharged from hospital
For three years, the disease was in remission - until everything came back. All the symptoms came back at the wrong time, as I was prepping for my final exams and was weighing 39kg. The doctors thought it came back because of stress. I was told that I would have another colonoscopy a week after my first hospital appointment in three years. That was when they said it may be PROBABLE Ulcerative Colitis. They then asked me to take corticosteroids for 10 weeks (40mg a week, dose decreasing each week) with Omeprazole (20mg), mesalazine (octasa 2.4g) daily, calcichew d3 (twice daily), ferrous fumrate 315mg (one daily) and multivitamins. What sucked the most was that it was two / three months before exams and because I was newly diagnosed, I had to visit the hospital weekly for blood tests, which didnt make my teachers very happy until they got the proof that they needed from my IBD nurse.
My exams went great though and I got amazing grades = 100 per cent better than what I thought I would get (even my parents got shocked haha) and am now in college (known as sixth form in the UK) and am still doing fab! I was given extra time in exams just in case I needed a break in between. Whats really annoying is that I feel that teachers are being much more nicer to me - which I dont want because I want to feel like every other student.
I now visit the hospital every 3-5 months and I get flares 1 or 2 times a month. I am still on iron, multivitamins, calcium and octasa (thrice daily).

Sorry for the lecture!
Hope that tells you something about me
ravioliyearsxx

Thank you for sharing. It is inspiring to see someone who overcomes their illness and actively doesn't want people's sympathy because of it.
Original post by Awesome Genius
Thank you for sharing. It is inspiring to see someone who overcomes their illness and actively doesn't want people's sympathy because of it.

Thank you - means a lot :o:o:redface:
Yeahh - we can be anaemic buds
:dance:
Lmao , " my mum's a gold digger" . Died
How can you call your mum a gold digger though :rofl:
I'm fairly intelligent but also a lazy bastard who prefers watching football to hard work and has fluked through all my school years.
Original post by Awesome Genius
Ok I was born in London. My mum is French / Indian and my Dad is Indian. I grew up in the bad part of town - North East London. My dad is an orthopaedic surgeon with a practice @ Barts and Harley St. My mum is basically a gold digger - but she's a lovely woman and she does my cooking / washing etc so it's ok. I have two younger sisters. I went to a boys school in Ilford but my thinking was way too advanced for them so I left and went to a private school. Then I got into Oxford where I got a first. I've had many girls in the past but not for very long. I like to receive but don't like to give. We now live in North West London and I live in w8. I am quite fortunate but i feel I have underachieved given my capabilities.

Dunno what else there is to say.

Would love to know your stories. Let's make this a great thread!

Yayyy another North-West Londoner *high five*
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Lmao , " my mum's a gold digger" . Died

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
How can you call your mum a gold digger though :rofl:

Lol she is tho. As i said, I love her so much and make sure she knows that but a woman that doesn't work and has loads of nice things just because she is married to a rich man is a gold digger.
Im 16... I was born in London (Tooting) then when I was like 7 or 8, when I was in year 3 I moved to somewhere on the south East coast. Im still there at the moment im doing my Alevels. 2 brothers, one sister, Both of my brothers are at uni. My sister is 10. Also im in love with Awesome Genius.We were dating but we broke up like a week ago and our relationship only lasted like one day as I called him a jerk. But now I want to give it another chance cause he is my whole life. I love him too much.

Quick Reply

Latest