Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who was scared of this as a child? watch

ReputationRep:

:afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Lol Mate what is this, BBC logo fam? Nah lad, this is what real men boys were afraid of, haunted our dreams....

**** you Cookie Monster! Damn claws and everything I swear.

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember that.

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  24.6 KB
    This is the only one I remember.

ReputationRep:
    lmao what's scary about it?

ReputationRep:
    I loved it, it meant Pingu was just seconds away.

ReputationRep:
    On this video, there are a number of comments which explain why it was scary (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaxlFQTTlLk):

Morton Man wrote:

This used to terrify me as a young kid when we'd put a video (always pingu) into the VCR player. I remember I used to run out of the living room crying and screaming. It's almost like the music was quietly signifying something very tragic and unfortunate (like someone nearing death) that you didn't quite know the story behind. It only get's even more tense towards the climax, and once the music has ended, you're left with this very unsettling complete silence that fills the room, the kind of silence that used to signify something along the lines of... there's no need to worry, said person quietly passed away in peace during the jingle.

In over words, this terrifying jingle used to make me feel like I wasn't alone in the living room, when I was.

The3ninjakids also added:

I feel bad for anyone who experienced this logo as a kid. Just putting in a VHS of such a happy and innocent kid show like Pingu or Wallace and Gromitt, and being treated to THIS thing before the feature presentation can be quite terrifying for a child. First off, the logo has a dark and gritty feel to it (the background mainly sets the tone). Second the music is real depressing. It has a funeral-like feeling to it, especially the ending note. Speaking of which, that last note makes me think of the ending of Quiet Riot song "Still of the Night", but that song didn't have a depressing feel to it.

ReputationRep:
    Mate the crimewatch theme was what creeped me out still kinda does

ReputationRep:
    Erm...I was expecting chucky or something :erm:

(Original post by Bocicowo)
    On this video, there are a number of comments which explain why it was scary (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaxlFQTTlLk):

Morton Man wrote:

This used to terrify me as a young kid when we'd put a video (always pingu) into the VCR player. I remember I used to run out of the living room crying and screaming. It's almost like the music was quietly signifying something very tragic and unfortunate (like someone nearing death) that you didn't quite know the story behind. It only get's even more tense towards the climax, and once the music has ended, you're left with this very unsettling complete silence that fills the room, the kind of silence that used to signify something along the lines of... there's no need to worry, said person quietly passed away in peace during the jingle.

In over words, this terrifying jingle used to make me feel like I wasn't alone in the living room, when I was.

The3ninjakids also added:

I feel bad for anyone who experienced this logo as a kid. Just putting in a VHS of such a happy and innocent kid show like Pingu or Wallace and Gromitt, and being treated to THIS thing before the feature presentation can be quite terrifying for a child. First off, the logo has a dark and gritty feel to it (the background mainly sets the tone). Second the music is real depressing. It has a funeral-like feeling to it, especially the ending note. Speaking of which, that last note makes me think of the ending of Quiet Riot song "Still of the Night", but that song didn't have a depressing feel to it.
    In those three seconds how did they, as children, have time to think all that?
    And how do you even differentiate between the start, climax and ending...dedicate a second to each? Bunch of bored media students, me thinks :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, yes!! That did used to scare me, i hated it!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol why is it scary?

as if someone made a video of this...

I didn't like that test card screen I think it's called? With the little girl and the doll or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    as if someone made a video of this...

I didn't like that test card screen I think it's called? With the little girl and the doll or something

Yeah that was a awful thing.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    It gives me that weird feeling of nostalgia.

Remember Teletext?

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by quentinhamilton)
    I don't remember that.

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  24.6 KB
    This is the only one I remember.
    Reminds me of GCSE Geography videos and Barnaby Bear...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Remember Teletext?

OHMYG, YESSS. :rofl: Gosh, seeing that again just...:moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.