Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

missing my sister at uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I miss my sister so much, we are really close and she now goes to a university nearly 8 hours away from me. i know she has to go to university and I have to let her live her life but i wish she was still living at home and wish that things could go back to how they were before. Things have just changed so much and will never be the same again. I am so miserable and love and miss my sister so much. Please help me x

ReputationRep:
    Skype? text? arrange to meet every now and then?

btw it's admirable that your sister is your best friend, not heard of many positive sibling bonds before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student489)
    I miss my sister so much, we are really close and she now goes to a university nearly 8 hours away from me. i know she has to go to university and I have to let her live her life but i wish she was still living at home and wish that things could go back to how they were before. Things have just changed so much and will never be the same again. I am so miserable and love and miss my sister so much. Please help me x
    Aww I know how you feel. My brother is only 2 hours away, but I miss him like crazy. My house is so quiet without him. He is in his second year of uni and he comes back home every so often. I guess the only thing you can do is text /call as often as possible. When is she coming home next? Maybe you should spend a day together doing something you both enjoy. Things probably won't be the same again unless she comes home after uni and you are still at home - it's a part of life, we just have to learn to adjust to the change and look forward to what the future holds.

ReputationRep:
    Ha, I guess it's easy for us singletons then, but then it's harder to escape from the clutches of our parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    Ha, I guess it's easy for us singletons then, but then it's harder to escape from the clutches of our parents.
    Have you ever wished you had siblings?

ReputationRep:
    Awww this is so sweet Made my day to find out siblings are still this close ^.^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    Have you ever wished you had siblings?
    To be honest, I really do sometimes.

I'm not ethnically English you see. I came here 12 years ago and it's only me and my parents in this house. It does get dreadfully lonely when you can't see your relatives regularly, but I've just learned to live with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student489)

Awww that's really sweet that your so close to your sister and I'm sure she's missing you just as much.

There's nothing much you can do apart from keeping in touch via phone/skype or maybe the odd visit now and then and you could perhaps stay overnight with her.

I'm sure you feel like a part of your life is missing right now but it will all get better in time and you will get to see her at Christmas

ReputationRep:

I'm not ethnically English you see. I came here 12 years ago and it's only me and my parents in this house. It does get dreadfully lonely when you can't see your relatives regularly, but I've just learned to live with it.
    story of my life.
    worst case scenario would be marrying an only child man and having one child

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    story of my life.
    worst case scenario would be marrying an only child man and having one child
    Let's not get married then.

ReputationRep:
    My little sister skypes me pretty much every night!

ReputationRep:

Aww that sucks. I can imagine how lonely it can be. Do you go and visit them? 95% of my family live in the same city and we rarely ever see each other :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    Aww I know how you feel. My brother is only 2 hours away, but I miss him like crazy. My house is so quiet without him. He is in his second year of uni and he comes back home every so often. I guess the only thing you can do is text /call as often as possible. When is she coming home next? Maybe you should spend a day together doing something you both enjoy. Things probably won't be the same again unless she comes home after uni and you are still at home - it's a part of life, we just have to learn to adjust to the change and look forward to what the future holds.

Its nice to know I'm not the only one, unfortunately when she finishes uni i will be going to uni. I think it will take some to time to adjust, its just so weird not having her here. i agree with the house being so quiet!! i went and stayed with her for 2 days and the day i posted this on my long journey home and couldn't stop crying knowing I wouldn't see her, I know i sound like a wimp, but She's my best friend and its horrible not having her there anymore. Thanks for the advice xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuremedic19)
    Awww that's really sweet that your so close to your sister and I'm sure she's missing you just as much.

There's nothing much you can do apart from keeping in touch via phone/skype or maybe the odd visit now and then and you could perhaps stay overnight with her.

I'm sure you feel like a part of your life is missing right now but it will all get better in time and you will get to see her at Christmas
    Thank you so much this reply made me feel a lot better. I actually just stayed overnight with her and it was the journey back that made me miss her even more. I definitely feel like part of my life is missing right now and I hope that it will get better over time xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.