Turn on thread page Beta

Have you or someone youknow ever been in the local paper? watch

ReputationRep:
    a few months ago a few people i went to school with were in the paper because they had been jailed for drug dealing.thats about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (1) Yes, aged about 13, when two friends and I were jumped by a gang of lads who were out looking for someone to practise giving a kicking to. I ended up in hospital having stitches in my face. The local paper rang my parents wanting details (I think the police get paid to tip them off to these stories) but my Dad told them to get stuffed and refusing permission for them to print any details (I was terrified the lads who did it would go looking for me for reporting it to the police). So they phoned various people, claiming they had been given permission by my parents until someone did so. So my name and details of the kicking I got went in the local paper, resulting in people taking the mickey out of me at school for being beaten up.

(2) I helped an old boy self-publish his war memoirs and the local museum put on an exhibition about him. That resulted in a story in the local paper with photos of him and me in the museum by the exhibition cases. (He had been one of the many British officers sent to Bergen-Belsen when it was discovered to try and sort out the mess there; he was one of those who participated in the arrest of the camp commandant, Kramer. Hearing his first-hand accounts of the impact on him of seeing what it was like there was shocking. He had nightmares the rest of his life about what he saw. If you see me getting cross about Holocaust deniers on here, this is partly why.)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    yes, myself and my friends :mmm: not for anything bad thoughm because of a school achievement

ReputationRep:
    yes on GCSE results day
    (Original post by CasperlEE)
    a few months ago a few people i went to school with were in the paper because they had been jailed for drug dealing.thats about it.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    A few times.

One, one of my old classmates got busted for an attempted robbery using an 'old man' disguise, and there was a picture of him in the disguise.

Another was me being mentioned for my GCSE results and later on my A2 results.

And also my mum who writes 'letters to the editor', including one about how she and my dad got stuck on a lift and firemen came to rescue them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by CasperlEE)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ghs-dorms.html
    He was a clever guy but used his intelligence the wrong way. He also got in trouble for not taking care of his rifle when it was loaded with live ammunition, he had a stoppage and turned to look towards a teacher and I had to physically move the muzzle to stop him pointing it at me....

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.