Turn on thread page Beta

How do I get this girl to like me? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There's a girl in my flat which I like. She's really nice and I like her. I'm not that close friends with however, we get on ok. She's close to a girl in our flat and a guy (though they're just good friends).

I don't feel friendzoned, in fact I'd like to be friends with her more. I want her to see me in a different way (i.e. attracted to me).

She's never had a boyfriend before and doesn't seem to really talk about that sort of thing much too.

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Bump?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    maybe she's got other things on her mind other than relationships? but like you said, starting out as friends is good. say hi when you see her and smile, that will get her confused and she'll probs go on TSR asking ''this guy always smile at me, does he like me? i like him''

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her more, if its meant to be it will happens, if its not it wont and you'll have someone better.

ReputationRep:
    attach chocolate to your penis.... *****es love chocolate!

Is she asian? Some asian girls are shy so maybe she's just shy. Even if she's not an asian, she may just be shy. Just try to be friendly with her. Soon she'll get the message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    maybe she's got other things on her mind other than relationships? but like you said, starting out as friends is good. say hi when you see her and smile, that will get her confused and she'll probs go on TSR asking ''this guy always smile at me, does he like me? i like him''
    I do say hi a lot to her and smile. We do have decent conversations, but it's more when I see her in the flat, we're not close friends neither are we strangers. I don't really no how to appear attractive or flirt with her, it's weird, she isn't really very flirty herself. Usually I'd find it easier to flirt with a girl, but with this one it just doesn't come across well, it comes off as if I'm just speaking to her normally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is she asian? Some asian girls are shy so maybe she's just shy. Even if she's not an asian, she may just be shy. Just try to be friendly with her. Soon she'll get the message.
    She's not but she is foreign. She doesn't seem particularly shy, she's not that outgoing though, doesn't go out or drink either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    Talk to her more, if its meant to be it will happens, if its not it wont and you'll have someone better.
    Talk to her as much as I can tbh. I wish I was a little closer to her in terms of being friends, but I can't seem to be able to do that for some reason.

(Original post by Rotom)
    She's not but she is foreign. She doesn't seem particularly shy, she's not that outgoing though, doesn't go out or drink either.
    Where is she from? Is she an international student? She may be in a relationship already. You never know.

If she's a Muslim, she may not be interested due to religious reasons.

(Original post by Rotom)
    Talk to her as much as I can tbh. I wish I was a little closer to her in terms of being friends, but I can't seem to be able to do that for some reason.
    Well, you'll have to talk to her as much as possible and ask her a bit personal questions so that she know you like her. Once she know that you're interested, how she reacts after that will determine whether she likes you or not.

ReputationRep:
    Where is she from? Is she an international student? She may be in a relationship already. You never know.

More of a challenge, more fun

(Original post by Lucasium)
    More of a challenge, more fun
    Lol. what do you mean? More of challenge is she's already in a relationship or a muslim?

ReputationRep:
    Lol. what do you mean? More of challenge is she's already in a relationship or a muslim?
    Muslim. That would just be top banter but not if she was in a relationship because that would not be cool

ReputationRep:

A european country. She doesn't have a boyfriend as I said she's never had one. She's not muslim either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rotom)
    There's a girl in my flat which I like. She's really nice and I like her. I'm not that close friends with however, we get on ok. She's close to a girl in our flat and a guy (though they're just good friends).

I don't feel friendzoned, in fact I'd like to be friends with her more. I want her to see me in a different way (i.e. attracted to me).

She's never had a boyfriend before and doesn't seem to really talk about that sort of thing much too.

Any ideas?
    Best idea is to talk and gradually build on that friendship so that you can then start expressing your feeling which would more likely to be accepted. The worst idea is to rush. Many people do so and that tends to end them up in so called "friend-zoned" area.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.