Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did my Ukcat today and was extremely disappointed as in practise I was averaging at 660 but I only scored 567 in the real thing! Do I have any chance of getting into medicine ? I have had loads of work experience in 5 different hospitals and in a pharmacy. I went on a trip to Africa to experience their healthcare system also.
    My Irish Junior Certificate is decent enough: 6A and 4B and I'm predicted to get above 530 points in my Irish leaving Certificate.

Can anybody guide me?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure about your other stats as I'm not familiar with the exam boards you've done but as for your UKCAT yes it is quite low and you would automatically be rejected by some universities that focus heavily on the UKCAT and even by those universities that operate on a sliding scale between your UKCAT and GCSEs (e.g. Kings, Birmingham) so your best bet would be to do thorough research and have long conversations with the admissions offices at universities where you do think you stand a good chance. There have been people in the past that've been admitted with low UKCAT scored but times have changed unfortunately so yes do very in depth research! But don't be discouraged, if you sincerely love medicine, try and fight for it, alternatively you can always take a gap year and reapply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rach098)
    I did my Ukcat today and was extremely disappointed as in practise I was averaging at 660 but I only scored 567 in the real thing! Do I have any chance of getting into medicine ? I have had loads of work experience in 5 different hospitals and in a pharmacy. I went on a trip to Africa to experience their healthcare system also.
    My Irish Junior Certificate is decent enough: 6A and 4B and I'm predicted to get above 530 points in my Irish leaving Certificate.

Can anybody guide me?
    Today?
    Isn't the deadline for medicine passed?
    You've got another year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.