Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I'm 20 years old and I applied for an engineering foundation course.

So I just got an answer from two unis that I applied and they both said that my qualifications don't meet the entry requirements.
    I was surprised because I applied for a Foundation course and I looked up a lot on the internet and it seemed to me that the foundation course was for those who didn't have A-levels and/or were from another coutry, thus having different kinds of qualifications.

I remember that I checked on the unis website if they accepted my countries qualifications and they did, so I really don't understand what's going on.
    I studied mechanical engineering in my country(brazil), but it was for 1 term only and my grades were awful because I was going through a lot.
    All I have are high school grades, which are all above C and a 7.0 on IELTS.
    Does anyone knows which qualifications I am supposed to have?
    I just sent an e-mail to the unis(nottingham and manchester), but I'm really curious and sad about this.

Also, if I DO have to take the A-levels, does anyone knows if it's possible to study on my own and take the exams?
    I'm already 20, so I don't have the time to spend 2 more years doing A-levels, plus I'm really good at math/science and I always studied alone, so I'm self-taught.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.