Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

If you have the intelligence to enslave the world, should you? watch

ReputationRep:
    If you have the intelligence to enslave the world, should you?

Let's say you're really smart and perfectly capable of rising from zero to major baller in no time and influence government policies around the world. Should you?

(Just wondering since we have a lot of right wing, free markets TSR members). - Also would you personally do it?

Bill

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Then I can get everyone to be nice to eachother.

ReputationRep:
    No. Restricting personal autonomy and the like. Not good. I'm not such a simple utilitarian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)

Let's say you're really smart and perfectly capable of rising from zero to major baller in no time and influence government policies around the world. Should you?

(Just wondering since we have a lot of right wing, free markets TSR members). - Also would you personally do it?

Bill
    Intelligence wouldn't do that, money could, though. Have enough money and all the politicians will jump into your pockets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Intelligence wouldn't do that, money could, though. Have enough money and all the politicians will jump into your pockets
    I did assume you go from nothing to baller in no time! so it's assumed you now have money :P

ReputationRep:
    I did assume you go from nothing to baller in no time! so it's assumed you now have money :P
    Sorry, I'm from up north so I didn't understand your slang.

That being said, there are different types of intelligence, what kind of intelligence are we referring to here?

It probably wouldn't be emotional intelligence

ReputationRep:
    Of course, extremely cheap labour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Sorry, I'm from up north so I didn't understand your slang.

That being said, there are different types of intelligence, what kind of intelligence are we referring to here?

It probably wouldn't be emotional intelligence
    i don't like using slang but it's widely assumed we know what "baller" is. Let's just assume you have all traits of intelligence not just one alongside the drive and ambition to get a head. So would you do it?

ReputationRep:
    i don't like using slang but it's widely assumed we know what "baller" is. Let's just assume you have all traits of intelligence not just one alongside the drive and ambition to get a head. So would you do it?
    You know what they say about assuming; it makes an 'ass' out of 'me' and you.

No, because it's wrong to interfere with the principle of free will, even if it produces a better society on paper.

ReputationRep:
    If you have the intelligence to enslave the world, you would also have the intelligence to raise it too.

I'd rather be the father of a golden age, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I personally would assume that God wanted me to [manifest destiny] if I were ever in a position to so would have no qualms morally or ethically and would force everyone to do good make up for all of the times we've been forced to do bad.

Two wrongs dont make a right; it makes it 'even'.

ReputationRep:

Bill
    I'd enslave everybody. I'd use my power to set up educational and research institutions, schemes to discover and develop the best minds from all over the world. I would breed these incredibly intelligent people and with the genius offspring, I'd further mold their minds into incredible problem solving machines. With all of these incredible people, with access to all of this brainpower, I'd use it the achieve the one thing closest to my heart. I would make Shrek real.

ReputationRep:
    If I had a fleet of starships and a million strong army then yes although free markets would still exist in my world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    No. Restricting personal autonomy and the like. Not good. I'm not such a simple utilitarian.
    How benevolent, like God Himself.

ReputationRep:
    If I did do that then sooner or later the system will collapse.

It's kind of like communism, despite the initial aim was to create a society which is classless and equal it never lasted.

You can't silence people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starvation13)
    If you have the intelligence to enslave the world, you would also have the intelligence to raise it too.

Tough. Capitalism is built upon the exploitation of others - all of our "systems" have had this principle in place. So you will be using people one way or another! You cannot change human nature :P

Maybe you could create a more equal society in some sense by having control (not sure if that would work) but that's entirely up to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hektik)
    I'd enslave everybody. I'd use my power to set up educational and research institutions, schemes to discover and develop the best minds from all over the world. I would breed these incredibly intelligent people and with the genius offspring, I'd further mold their minds into incredible problem solving machines. With all of these incredible people, with access to all of this brainpower, I'd use it the achieve the one thing closest to my heart. I would make Shrek real.
    I think they would just all end up on TSR before they even got around to creating Shrek?

ReputationRep:

Bill
    if you were really that smart, you would realise it was a waste of time and move to the moon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeremyOU)
    if you were really that smart, you would realise it was a waste of time and move to the moon...
    maybe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starvation13)

You can do that after.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.