Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which app for ordering photos do you use? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As I shoot really too many photos I'm looking for an Android app which can help in ordering and ideally also in selecting my photos.

I've already tried QuickPic, but with it I only sort my photos in folders... and my memory tells me that this is too less.

Do you know alternative apps which could help me?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe this app would be perfect for you: http://www.ratpackchallenge.com/the-ratpackchallenge/

I downloaded it myself 2 days ago and it's really cute and useful. However, it's more a game than an usually App. While playing you have to decide whether you keep your pics or delete them. For every deleted pic you gain "golden nuts". It's really fun and helpful - I gained almost 0,5 GB since then

On the other hand, you just could buy a new memory card hahah

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your tip!

I'm looking at the website and it seems to be a very nice app. And almost 500 MB in two days definitively aren't a bad result.

But I've got a very important question... how much time do I have for deciding which pictures I want to save and which ones to delete?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicfreak82)
    As I shoot really too many photos I'm looking for an Android app which can help in ordering and ideally also in selecting my photos.

I've already tried QuickPic, but with it I only sort my photos in folders... and my memory tells me that this is too less.

Do you know alternative apps which could help me?
    This is the kind of thing that would be much easier on a full OS, with a mouse. Any kind of file explorer will do.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know that this would be a good solution, but I've the problem that my PC often doesn't recognize my smartphone.

Both function very well and without problems, and I can charge my battery with the mini USB cable and the PC, but the synchronizing of the data etc. functions once every five times...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your tip!

I'm looking at the website and it seems to be a very nice app. And almost 500 MB in two days definitively aren't a bad result.

But I've got a very important question... how much time do I have for deciding which pictures I want to save and which ones to delete?
    Depends on which mode you play :-)
    If you need your time to decide, you can play that game without any clock. However, it's not just "delete or keep", you can also put them in "maybe" (an imaginary cloud)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your explanation!

But how many pictures can be put in the cloud? Or isn't there a limit?

Has any other guy already this app? I always prefer to hear (or read) more than one or two opinions.

ReputationRep:
    But how many pictures can be put in the cloud? Or isn't there a limit?
    There is a limit for putting pics in the imaginary cloud - just up to 10. After putting 10 pics in the cloud you need to decide whether keeping or deleting - unfortunately - all of them. That's the only thing I don't like about this app but I hope this will Change within the next updates.However, I think the Rat Pack Challenge is really recommendable. And if you don't like it, you can delete it anyway haha ;-)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your explanation!

OK yes that's a pity, that only ten pics can be putted in the cloud. Is there also a possibility to skip a picture and to continue with the next one?

ReputationRep:
    I wanna thank you guys too for this helpful thread. I downloaded the Rat Pack Challenge at the weekend and already got rid of more than a hundred pics. It’s quite fun, but I guess I’ll need some more time to sort out how this app really works.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much!

So now there are two positive opinions and I think I'll install the app at the evening.

And you probably can answer to my question, too... is there also a possibility to skip a picture and to continue with the next one? Or do I have to deleting, keeping or putting them in that cloud?

ReputationRep:
    @musicfreak82: skipping pictures? I know what you mean but I don’t think that works with this app. I guess the only thing you can do (if you’re not sure of keeping a certain pic) is to move it into the cloud (unless it’s not full already). Next round you’ll see it again and you can make your decision then.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your answer!

But really there isn't any other solution if I've more than ten pictures where I don't know if I want to keep or delete them?!

ReputationRep:
    I normally use Google Photos and Tidy for managing and ordering my photos.

You can also usePhotoSyncQuickPic

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for your tips!

I only know Google Photos and QuickPic... and sorting out the pictures with those apps in my opinion lasts a lot of time. How does it function with the other app that you've mentioned?

Is it entertaining like for the example the already mentioned Rat Pack Challenge?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.