Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Cute (and shy) guy in my lecture? watch

I don't know what else can I do it's like a dead end crush.

I talked to him once during induction week, he was so nice! I doubt that he still remembers my name. He is always seated with his friends (among them) so there is no way I can sit with him. He also almost never talked to girls, they are like a bunch of dudes (5-6) who always sit together in lectures, which will be so weird if i suddenly sit next to one of them and start talking to them.

I can't stop staring at him during lectures (I mean I do stop, but it's hard to). He has this very shy smile where he will smile while slightly looking down when talking to his friend. Sometimes, I think he caught me looking and I just quickly turned away.

Anyway, I'm also the kind who always hang around with 4 other girls, and none of my friends have talked to them. You get the idea, we are basically very separated. We are of different race, background and nationalities too which makes the talking harder.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    this is so cute :daydreaming: perhaps add him on facebook?

ReputationRep:
    So cute :3 see if you can get walking next to him as you leave lectures and ask to go for a drink sometime or do something you think the 2 of you might have in common

ReputationRep:
    Continue staring at him all you like, if he's shy ain't nothing gonna happen loooool

ReputationRep:
    If you know his name check his facebook or something, easy way to start convo about the lecture. From there u are set on a journey

(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    this is so cute :daydreaming: perhaps add him on facebook?
    (Original post by Konanabanana)
    If you know his name check his facebook or something, easy way to start convo about the lecture. From there u are set on a journey
    To be honest, I finally found him after a few days of "hard work" aha but we have no mutual friends and I realise he is not even friends with the guys he always hang out with. Can't see much on his profile too I guess he doesn't use Facebook that much.

(Original post by MattyJMP)
    So cute :3 see if you can get walking next to him as you leave lectures and ask to go for a drink sometime or do something you think the 2 of you might have in common
    I can't even smile properly at him how am I going to do that?

(Original post by samina_ay)
    Continue staring at him all you like, if he's shy ain't nothing gonna happen loooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't know what else can I do it's like a dead end crush.

I talked to him once during induction week, he was so nice! I doubt that he still remembers my name. He is always seated with his friends (among them) so there is no way I can sit with him. He also almost never talked to girls, they are like a bunch of dudes (5-6) who always sit together in lectures, which will be so weird if i suddenly sit next to one of them and start talking to them.

I can't stop staring at him during lectures (I mean I do stop, but it's hard to). He has this very shy smile where he will smile while slightly looking down when talking to his friend. Sometimes, I think he caught me looking and I just quickly turned away.

Anyway, I'm also the kind who always hang around with 4 other girls, and none of my friends have talked to them. You get the idea, we are basically very separated. We are of different race, background and nationalities too which makes the talking harder.
    What course are you both doing?

ReputationRep:
    Set off the fire alarm: that will provide the opportunity to talk to him, lol :laugh:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.