Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm having trouble finding someone to date watch

ReputationRep:
    Either they're taken, looking to sleep around, emotionally unavailable due to a bad breakup, or are unattractive (physically and behaviourally). Maybe the same goes for women? I just feel like there's not a pool to choose from. There are "plenty of fish in the sea," yet here I am unable to find a single decent guy who's not taken and could actually be compatible with me. Mind you, it's not like I'm incompatible or anything; I'm quite friendly and am silly, but I am shy and could be hard to chat with in that I really don't understand any references, which surprisingly narrows down what people can talk about with me. That's my worst quality I can think of that would be picked up on upon meeting potential partners. It's also not like I'm unattractive. I've been told I'm very attractive, and I know I am, on good days. Lately, however, I've begun to doubt myself and my ability to find someone with whom I could have a healthy relationship. It just seems hopeless

ReputationRep:
    I understand how you're feeling completely. I'm in the same boat.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of guy are you looking for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amotree92)
    Either they're taken, looking to sleep around, emotionally unavailable due to a bad breakup, or are unattractive (physically and behaviourally). Maybe the same goes for women? I just feel like there's not a pool to choose from. There are "plenty of fish in the sea," yet here I am unable to find a single decent guy who's not taken and could actually be compatible with me. Mind you, it's not like I'm incompatible or anything; I'm quite friendly and am silly, but I am shy and could be hard to chat with in that I really don't understand any references, which surprisingly narrows down what people can talk about with me. That's my worst quality I can think of that would be picked up on upon meeting potential partners. It's also not like I'm unattractive. I've been told I'm very attractive, and I know I am, on good days. Lately, however, I've begun to doubt myself and my ability to find someone with whom I could have a healthy relationship. It just seems hopeless
    It can be hard. It can be hard. But trying to not be judgmental about folk is the best thing really. Those who often seem really silly at the outset turn out to be the best people evah.

Other than that I really don't know what to say to you :L

ReputationRep:
    I never thought I'd say this, but try some dating apps! I was against them for so long, and was single for 6 years. I joined a dating app, not really expecting to actually meet someone who qualified as a decent human male, but actually ended up meeting my current boyfriend on there. We've been together for a year now. It's difficult, especially if you are shy, to go out and meet new people, so online dating gives you that bit of added comfort and confidence. Just a suggestion!

ReputationRep:
    Feeling the same! I'm really broked after my last relationships.... There are so many good guys who are my friends, but as I'm shy and over self-critical I had really big troubles with dating someone...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.