Turn on thread page Beta

Studying anatomy- HOW to revise anatomy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how do you best revise anatomy at uni? The content is a lot and I don't see the point in wasting time in making revision notes from lectures as it is so dense I get lost!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RevisionNad)
    how do you best revise anatomy at uni? The content is a lot and I don't see the point in wasting time in making revision notes from lectures as it is so dense I get lost!

Thanks
    Get a massive picture of a human body showing all the muscles and then label it. Probably best to learn using visual methods.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I have also heard that colouring books of anatomy help too

ReputationRep:
    Tattoo all the pictures in Gray's on your body.

Thanks
    Are you any good at anatomy?

I study anatomy and physiology at college and find it hard, is there any way you could help me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    Are you any good at anatomy?

I study anatomy and physiology at college and find it hard, is there any way you could help me.
    Hiya-- I am the one who needs the help which is why I posted this thread! But since I have posted, I have looked at a lot of YouTube tutorials like AnatomyZone and they are great tools! Good luck

Hiya-- I am the one who needs the help which is why I posted this thread! But since I have posted, I have looked at a lot of YouTube tutorials like AnatomyZone and they are great tools! Good luck
    I have been looking at some youtube videos too.

Thanks for the reply.

ReputationRep:
    I found repetition works for me. Just looking at diagrams and images regularly. Colouring books are useful and I also really like the Visible Body Human Anatomy Atlas app - it's pricey but so worth it (there's a free version you can try).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Depends what part of the body you are looking at, and at what depth, but I wrote notes up and used pictures from Gray's and some of the Crash course books. I personally did not get much out of colouring things in or drawing my own diagrams etc. as they are never as good as Gray's so why bother. I need a 'narrative' to try and remember things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    Depends what part of the body you are looking at, and at what depth, but I wrote notes up and used pictures from Gray's and some of the Crash course books. I personally did not get much out of colouring things in or drawing my own diagrams etc. as they are never as good as Gray's so why bother. I need a 'narrative' to try and remember things.
    Thank you- I will try that method!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I would recommend a page that really helped me when studying anatomy - https://practiceanatomy.com/Give it a try, I hope it will help!Good luck with exams and anatomy!

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Someone on another post recommended a game 'Poke A Muscle' http://www.anatomyarcade.com/games/PAM/PAM.html , there's also 'Whack A Bone'. They're both fab and a little addictive!

ReputationRep:
    The process of making flashcards or detailed revision notes is a really good way to learn things in the initial instance. I built up images and got used to labelling them and locating them using essential anatomy 5 and also ripping off images from TeachMeAnatomy.Info. I then took screen shots of the images and designed various questions around them such as "what is the function of A?" and "what blood vessel/nerve supplies B?" I used the lecture slides to devise the questions. Our course was quite superficial so everything we needed to know was in the slides anyway. I just used additional sources to help me fill in information I wasn't sure of but they were only going to test me on what was in the slides.
    I used A6 card and PowerPoint to produce them, double sided so that there were answers on one side and questions on the other. Then I used them as prompts for my revision. If I couldn't answer a question, I revised it and repeated it until I could. Then I checked again a few days later. If I could still answer it, I put it away.*
    Just remember the 6 Rs:**
    Read
    wRite
    Recall
    Revise
    Repeat
    Refresh *

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 13, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.