Turn on thread page Beta
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Last night I dropped my iPhone in the bath. I had just started to run the water so it was very shallow and the phone was not submerged- it was in the water for about 1 second.

After I dried it everything worked well. However the sound did not work and when I tried to turn it off, it kept turning back on again.

I left it overnight in a bag of rice and luckily it charges properly, the sound is back and it seems that everything works well.
    However I'm really paranoid that it will just suddenly explode or die without warning! My other iPhone also suffered the same circumstance but it died instantly.
    Help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    Last night I dropped my iPhone in the bath. I had just started to run the water so it was very shallow and the phone was not submerged- it was in the water for about 1 second.

After I dried it everything worked well. However the sound did not work and when I tried to turn it off, it kept turning back on again.

I left it overnight in a bag of rice and luckily it charges properly, the sound is back and it seems that everything works well.
    However I'm really paranoid that it will just suddenly explode or die without warning! My other iPhone also suffered the same circumstance but it died instantly.
    Help!
    There's nothing really we can do to help, you've done the best thing by leaving it in rice overnight but beyond that it's going to come down to luck. Leave it turned off whenever possible and put it in a fresh bowl of rice tonight, and start praying that you've avoided any permanent damage.

If it does die, a waterproof phone sounds like a worthwhile purchase if you've bricked two iPhones in the bath already.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Gofre)
    There's nothing really we can do to help, you've done the best thing by leaving it in rice overnight but beyond that it's going to come down to luck. Leave it turned off whenever possible and put it in a fresh bowl of rice tonight, and start praying that you've avoided any permanent damage.

If it does die, a waterproof phone sounds like a worthwhile purchase if you've bricked two iPhones in the bath already.
    Thank you for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)

Help!
    2sp00ky5me lmao

ReputationRep:
    Give up on life.

ReputationRep:
    I dropped my phone once in the toilet full of piss. Luckily my phone is waterproof.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by BlueBlueBells)
    Give up on life.
    I'm actually considering it:/ my phone's on death row!

ReputationRep:
    Put it in a bowl of rice and completely cover it. It should absorb up all the water and it may still work. It sounds stupid but it works in some cases

ReputationRep:
    http://gizmodo.com/5331913/accidentally-take-your-gadget-swimming-rice-might-be-your-best-friend

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.