Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I went to the open day yesterday, but I didn't find out much about the course from the talk. Is anyone here studying it? if so what is it like? what do you think of it? What sorts of stuff do you do in it? do you enjoy it? etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenieee)
    Hi, I went to the open day yesterday, but I didn't find out much about the course from the talk. Is anyone here studying it? if so what is it like? what do you think of it? What sorts of stuff do you do in it? do you enjoy it? etc
    Hey Greenie

I'm currently studying at Chi in my 4th year of the vocal performance course.
    I'm doing the classical strand so I'm loving the language lessons that are part of the course. The tutors are great and really supportive and ive felt like I've learned loads.
    We get three language lessons a week each on and a half hours in French German and Italian. The lessons are much more about singing in the languages so we learn pronouciation and we translate our pieces.
    You also get 12 hours of singing lessons a week with one of the amazing tutors and 4 in keyboard skills.
    The ensembles module is great as it forces you to work with other people both in a group you form yourself and in a tutor led group it's great fun and the lecturer who runs the module is great

I hope this helps but if you want more information please just ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neongroove)
    Hey Greenie

I'm currently studying at Chi in my 4th year of the vocal performance course.
    I'm doing the classical strand so I'm loving the language lessons that are part of the course. The tutors are great and really supportive and ive felt like I've learned loads.
    We get three language lessons a week each on and a half hours in French German and Italian. The lessons are much more about singing in the languages so we learn pronouciation and we translate our pieces.
    You also get 12 hours of singing lessons a week with one of the amazing tutors and 4 in keyboard skills.
    The ensembles module is great as it forces you to work with other people both in a group you form yourself and in a tutor led group it's great fun and the lecturer who runs the module is great

I hope this helps but if you want more information please just ask

Thank you!! also, thank you for taking the time to reply!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.