Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So there is this girl who lives in spain and i am really in love with her and she is also really in love with me. But she lives in spain and i live in london and i doubt she'll ever end up moving to london in the future. We text and facetime as often as we can, but im just not sure if our relationship will lead on to anything in the future? Should i keep persisting and maybe fate will allow us to be together?

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julesaquilina)
    So there is this girl who lives in spain and i am really in love with her and she is also really in love with me. But she lives in spain and i live in london and i doubt she'll ever end up moving to london in the future. We text and facetime as often as we can, but im just not sure if our relationship will lead on to anything in the future? Should i keep persisting and maybe fate will allow us to be together?
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    How old are you?
    im 19 and she's 18

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halliethestudent)
    If you really think she's the one you will eventually find yourselves to each other. I'm currently in a long distance relationship. My boyfriend moved to Spain in September and he visits every school holidays (he just left this morning from England back to Spain ) . It's hard but we manage and we know in the long run we want to be together, he's moving back to England to go to uni in London after college so I have just over a year and a half wait but having a time frame helps as it gives you a goal to aim for. . I'm not sure how old you are but you need to have things to look forward to together for example book a holiday to go and see her. If this is really what you want you will have to make sacrifices and in the long run on of you is going to have to move country to live with the other otherwise you're never going to be able to establish a true relationship

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah i think it makes things easier if you have a time frame to aim for goals and to look forward to seeing each other. Yeah she is into me and she tells me that she wishes she could be with me etc. (im 19, shes 18) but its just hard for both of us

ReputationRep:
    Vote for the UK to stay in the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julesaquilina)
    im 19 and she's 18
    Excellent, you are in the "earnin some money" age-range, and flights to Spain are dirt cheap.

Save up, (won't take long) and then go visit her (let her know first obviously).

If she can't come to you, you go to her.

LDRs are work. YOU need to put the effort in, otherwise nothing will come of it.

Best of luck with your distant Spanish sweetums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    Excellent, you are in the "earnin some money" age-range, and flights to Spain are dirt cheap.

Save up, (won't take long) and then go visit her (let her know first obviously).

If she can't come to you, you go to her.

LDRs are work. YOU need to put the effort in, otherwise nothing will come of it.

Best of luck with your distant Spanish sweetums.
    Yeah they are cheap with airline such as Ryanair and monarch I can get a return flight for around £130 from Manchester to Malaga on school holidays!!! Which is like premium prices so on normal weeks you'd easily be able to get a return flight for £80/90 and I'm sure your gf would let you stay with her so there's no other expense

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they are cheap with airline such as Ryanair and monarch I can get a return flight for around £130 from Manchester to Malaga on school holidays!!! Which is like premium prices so on normal weeks you'd easily be able to get a return flight for £80/90 and I'm sure your gf would let you stay with her so there's no other expense

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats a great idea, yeah i have looked into some flights its only bilbao so its like £60 return trip. Thanks a lot for helping

ReputationRep:
    Your welcome!!!! You're blessed that she's not further away those prices are so cheap!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck with everything with you and your boyfriend wish you all the best

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.