The Student Room Group

Need help for a thermodynamics question

Can someone please have a look at the equation in the word document attached in my post below and tell me how the part 'dEsystem/dt (...) (steady)' is supposed to be written?

Is the symbol a flipped triangle that points downwards? How does the symbol actually look like? Is the symbol and 'H 0' and '(steady)' supposed to be next to 'dt' together in the denominator, or is it supposed to be separate from [dEsystm/dt]?

Help is much appreciated!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Word document attached
Reply 2
Original post by bubblingtsr
Can someone please have a look at the equation in the word document attached in my post below and tell me how the part 'dEsystem/dt (...) (steady)' is supposed to be written?

Is the symbol a flipped triangle that points downwards? How does the symbol actually look like? Is the symbol and 'H 0' and '(steady)' supposed to be next to 'dt' together in the denominator, or is it supposed to be separate from [dEsystm/dt]?

Help is much appreciated!

Its an arrow (i think) from what i can see on my phone. It basically means as the steady flow tends to zero the rate of energy flow in the system is zero.
Reply 3
Original post by a10
Its an arrow (i think) from what i can see on my phone. It basically means as the steady flow tends to zero the rate of energy flow in the system is zero.

Thanks a lot for your effort in helping. Your idea makes sense to me. Thanks a lot!
Reply 4
Original post by a10

I can see the arrow now -_- Thanks >.<

Quick Reply

Latest