Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Worst pain you have experianced so far? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What is the worst pain you have ever been in so far? What did you do about it?
    The worst pain I have experienced was few days ago- I was woken up by an excruciating migraine so I started screaming in pain and rocking back and forth. My mum woke up and gave me some paracetamol which didn't even work- probably because I was throwing up. I was throwing up for 6 hours and was unable to keep anything down- Mum nearly called an ambulance because I was confused and dehydrated. I was dizzy, shaking and had the worst migraine of my life so far. But it passed after 6 hours- I was lucky it did or I would have probably die of dehydration. What is your story?

ReputationRep:
    Emotional Pain: Relationship breakdown

Physical Pain: Stuck a sword through my hand.

ReputationRep:
    lady pains

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    Emotional Pain: Relationship breakdown

Physical Pain: Stuck a sword through my hand.
    How did the sword get in your hand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parrot16)
    How did the sword get in your hand?
    I accidentally put it there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    I accidentally put it there.
    Did you get it out yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Beyond migraines, the worst pain was when they cut a cast off of a broken leg. The doctor, who was an insensitive lout with zero empathy, let me hold my own leg up, which gave me the most lancing pain in my knee. It was so excruciating I lost control and screamed, for which my doc berated me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parrot16)
    Did you get it out yourself?
    It found it's way out shortly after. The one time I probably should have went to hospital, but it healed quite wonderfully on it's own.

ReputationRep:
    My back operation was extreamly painful
    Was hard trying to get out of bed and walk for 4 days

ReputationRep:
    bit my Tongue off when I was about 6ish or breaking shoulder blade or compression fracture in back

ReputationRep:
    About 5 years ago now...

I don't know what it was tbh, but I felt like I couldn't stand up, too lazy to do anything, head was hot as hell, my whole body was hot as hell, I felt dizzy, breathless even though I wasn't doing anything, wanted to sleep 24/7, when I slept, I woke up half an hour later, sweating all over, clothes sticking to me, too cold without a duvet over me, too hot with the duvet over me, wanted to hit myself to make me feel better, couldn't eat, couldn't watch a tv show or a film, cos I couldn't follow what was happening, even though I used to watch them everyday....

It was the worst. I don't know what it was. My parents just told me to sleep and it'll get better. They were right in the end. This only lasted 3 days, but they were the longest three days of my life. After those three days, I was back to normal, genuinely back to normal. I couldn't believe it.
    My dad is a doctor, but I didn't see any other doctor, or any other people, only took paracetamol, ibuprofen and crocin. I am so glad it has never happened again...

ReputationRep:
    Period pain. Usually it's not too bad, but I've had a few episodes of dizziness and extreme temperatures. I never feel that I'll live past the first day.

ReputationRep:
    Emotional: When I found out I screwed up my AS Levels :P
    Physical: Two experiences. When I was 12, I fell and tumbled down a sloping hill. There was this jagged rock sticking out, and it cut my back. Made me look really cool, but it did hurt.

Second; when I got a mouthful of sodium hydroxide in the lab while using a pipette. It burnt. A lot.

ReputationRep:
    With regards to physical pain, probably when I collapsed as my hip had dislocated itself and hit my head on the way down. As for emotional pain, when one of my best friends passed away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    My back operation was extreamly painful
    Was hard trying to get out of bed and walk for 4 days
    What was the back operation for?

ReputationRep:
    Adult circumcision after my trousers' zipper malfunctioned.

ReputationRep:
    Either breaking my leg or norovirus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Adult circumcision after my trousers' zipper malfunctioned.
    I'm female but that sounds extreeeeemely painful o.O
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Migraine. Mucking about with lights during Drama with an aura really didn't help. Pionidal sinus is pretty painful. As was changing the dressings. (because you're left with a hole which has to be packed and changed)

ReputationRep:
    once i tried to hit my brother and he was near the wall outside our house and as i raised my hand ready to slap him he dodged and i ended up hitting my finger against a brick wall
    i couldn't move it and because of the instant pain i fainted

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.