Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    3.0g of a mixture of sodium carbonate and sodium chloride was made up to 250cm3 of solution. 25.0cm3 of this solution required 21.0cm3 of 0.10M HCL for neutralisation. Calculate the percentage by madd of sodium chloride in the mixture. You may assume that there is no reaction between sodium chloride and HCL.

Help please

ReputationRep:
    What calculations have you done so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 15076683)
    3.0g of a mixture of sodium carbonate and sodium chloride was made up to 250cm3 of solution. 25.0cm3 of this solution required 21.0cm3 of 0.10M HCL for neutralisation. Calculate the percentage by madd of sodium chloride in the mixture. You may assume that there is no reaction between sodium chloride and HCL.

Help please
    Which test paper is this from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creamyulpizza)
    Which test paper is this from?
    It's from a worksheet, not a test paper

ReputationRep:
    It's from a worksheet, not a test paper

ReputationRep:
    Oi you, Mister copy and paste!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    Oi you, Mister copy and paste!
    I was just reminding the OP who seemed to have overlooked your question. Looks like the answer might be nowt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    When I approached the question, I noticed that Sodium Chloride and Sodium Carbonate do not react so I don't see how you could even begin the calculate the answer. I have done other titrations but I fail to see how this one is possible which is why I am requesting help

ReputationRep:
    When I approached the question, I noticed that Sodium Chloride and Sodium Carbonate do not react so I don't see how you could even begin the calculate the answer. I have done other titrations but I fail to see how this one is possible which is why I am requesting help
    If you carry on reading the question you will see that hydrochloric acid is added. Does that make it any easier for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeachChemistry)
    If you carry on reading the question you will see that hydrochloric acid is added. Does that make it any easier for you?
    Yes that does help. Thank you! It seems I had misunderstood the question. Currently feeling very stupid but I got the answer!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.