Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I work full-time but was planning on reducing my hours to 4 days a week so that I can enroll on the above course in January. I spoke with a BPP admissions officer last week, and it turns out that there are live daytime tutorial sessions that we need to participate in (no evening or weekend tutorial options), which are going to be a problem if I am supposed to be working. I have tried to find out what days/times these tutorials will take place by contacting two people at BPP but with no response yet. Has anyone here registered to start the course in January 2016 and been given a timetable?! I would really appreciate some info since I can't start this course if it is going to cause more interference with my employment.

Thanks in advance,

Gemma

PS: this will be at the London Waterloo centre.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Gemma,

You should talk to your student manager or log on to the portal.
    The same thing happened to me but you should get an email directly from them.

Bests,

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

As I haven't enrolled yet I don't have access to the portal or any course info, other than the main public website. I am hoping that someone who is enrolled can give me this info about the tutorial timetable.

Thanks for your help though.

Gemma

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Which centre are you planning to go to? Obviously the timetables vary from centre to centre.

From my experience on the GDL, part time students are in for a tutorial(s) 2 days a week, whereas for full time it's 3 per week.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Of course, how silly of me, I'll update my original posting with this info - thank you for pointing this out! It would be London, and the Waterloo centre.

OK your answer is very helpful, I think one tutorial on a work-day could be manageable, as long as the second is on my 'day off', which really needs to be a Monday or Friday so as not to break up my working week (I work in a lab and experiments often run over multiple days!!). I feel like I am getting closer to the elusive truth though, thank you.

Gemma

ReputationRep:
    Hi,Has anyone received a response and applied for a BPP GDL Scholarship in 2017 in time for a January start? The course was scheduled to start yesterday: 8/1/18, but not received a response. Not enrolled yet, pending outcome of scholarship. Is this wise? Anyone with experience of this? THE LACK OF COMUNICATION AT BPP IS UNBELIEVABLE!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 10, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.