Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I am a full time student at university and I am awaiting on a decision on my child care grant. We were told initially that our income for 13/14 was too high so I have sent a current year assessment form and I know we are definitely earning much less this year. I am just worried that if they still say no, what I am going to do about paying my childcare costs. We do not get any tax credits whatsoever and if we are awarded any it wont be the childcare element as I am not working enough hours. Likewise, our local council have stopped our housing benefit citing that they can't count our childcare costs as I am not working 16 hours. I am very worried about how I am going to afford my childcare costs and my living expenses and continue at uni without this help. Are there any other full time higher education students who could give me some advice?
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.