The Student Room Group

A101 Birmingham 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by mzip201
just got rejected from Bham (101). I hold a high 2:1 undergrad (biomed), a masters from Imperial and a PhD in Cancer research. I also fulfil all the other requirements ..have loads of work experience. My personal statement was checked and approved by an interviewer at a university.... I teach MBBS and Biomed course at a university as well.. I have published several papers and my publications are on pubmed..

and yet I got rejected..

don't know what to say or think

Good luck guys

Very sorry to hear that. It sounds like a brilliant application, but I don't think Birmingham take any higher degrees into consideration. I know that Warwick give extra credit to those with masters and PhDs - maybe that would be an option?
Reply 101
Original post by zb_mw
Hey guys, hope interviews have been going well. I had my interview / offer for 2015 but I decided to defer my entry until 2016.

Just to give you an idea of time scales - my interview invitation came on the 10th Dec, my interview date was 22nd Jan and I got my offer on 10th Feb. I have a friend who didn't have his interview until the end of February. Hope this helps

How did you think your interview went last year?
Reply 102
Original post by kena993
How did you think your interview went last year?

I thought it went well - it was my first time at an MMI - and I much preferred it to the standard panel medical school interviews I was used to
Late comer here. Just wanted to check in and see wht the situation is.

Has birmingham interviewed everyone then and are just trying to make a decision?

Im quite sure at the interview they said we will hear a decision by the end of February. Another guy on this site said at the interview he was told the best cnadidates would get offers mid february.
Original post by nickname_esco
Late comer here. Just wanted to check in and see wht the situation is.

Has birmingham interviewed everyone then and are just trying to make a decision?

Im quite sure at the interview they said we will hear a decision by the end of February. Another guy on this site said at the interview he was told the best cnadidates would get offers mid february.

Yeah I was told by mid February for the best candidates and then the rest in March as a few people are still to be interviewed at the end of this month .
Anyone else just get a post interview rejection on track? :frown:
Just got rejected on track
Reply 107
Just got rejected on track

Me too :frown:
Were you guys expecting a rejection? I just feel deflated that I can have been so deluded to think that interview actually went well?!
I was kinda expecting it. 2 stations went horrible. Rest were great.
Really sorry to those rejected today. Hope your other choices will be successful. I haven't received any news since interview . I know how bad it feels and keep on thinking the worst myself
Reply 111
I emailed yesterday to request feedback. They got back to me pretty quickly today... Although they didn't give much detail they gave me my overall ranking and then my ranking for each station. The two stations which I thought went badly definitely correlated with my ranking for those so at least I now know where I need to improve!
Original post by smb18
I emailed yesterday to request feedback. They got back to me pretty quickly today... Although they didn't give much detail they gave me my overall ranking and then my ranking for each station. The two stations which I thought went badly definitely correlated with my ranking for those so at least I now know where I need to improve!

What email adress did you contact?
Reply 113
Original post by cocoviola
Were you guys expecting a rejection? I just feel deflated that I can have been so deluded to think that interview actually went well?!

I felt exactly the same as you, my other scores were good but so frustrating my data interpretation was not above the threshold! Does anyone know if this would have just been the written calculation section ?
Original post by Mully09
I felt exactly the same as you, my other scores were good but so frustrating my data interpretation was not above the threshold! Does anyone know if this would have just been the written calculation section ?

Check the interview information sheet. I'm sure I read theres a ratio between the two
What was the minimum threshold for each station?
Reply 116
What email adress did you contact?

Sorry for the late reply, I've only just seen this! I just contacted the one that is on the course website
Offer!!!!!
Reply 118
Got an offer about an hour ago too via track
Also got an offer! Only found out after 9 pm! The one day I don't check my emails because I was sick in bed and then straight off to work for the evening. See you there :smile: looking forward to meeting people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending