ReputationRep:
    As written in the title. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    You lie to yourself :|

ReputationRep:
    Notice when you think negatively then challenge it
    E.g
    I'm going to fail this test..

Chances are I won't fail but even if I do I can resit it and it'll be so much easier a second time around!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    As written in the title. Any advice?
    Many people say this, y'all just got to be thankful for what you have.

Hopefully, you have quite good health and at least one caring family member/friend. You have electricity, water and a head over your roof when you sleep along with mostly clean air.
    (unless you live next to a factory/volkswagen) :auto:

You have freedom of speech:fyi: and even wi-fi. We don't currently have a war on us so that's important. :woo:Think how bad it would be if you were telling a joke and about to finish with a killer line and you get killed by some crossfire? That wouldn't be punny would it?

What about if you were about to eat some bomb food (great food) and got bombed (literally)?

We dont have too many epidemics here either imagine if you were about to watch a sick video on youtube about the latest football match/make-up tutorial but suddenly got sick (for real) and couldn't watch it?

As humans, we are also gifted with learning many arts, hobbies and sport.

I was depressed once but bboying saved me. :groovy:

Maybe something else can help inspire you more again?

Also, we have well...:love:love. One day you'll find the one and this question will be a thing of the past. (hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurasaur)
    You lie to yourself :|
    Works everytime.

ReputationRep:
    https://youtu.be/WlBiLNN1NhQ

ReputationRep:
    You need to cut out as much negativity (from your life) as possible, be it in the form of people or other things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Many people say this, y'all just got to be thankful for what you have.

Hopefully, you have quite good health and at least one caring family member/friend. You have electricity, water and a head over your roof when you sleep along with mostly clean air.
    (unless you live next to a factory/volkswagen)

You have freedom of speech:fyi: and even wi-fi. We don't currently have a war on us so that's important. :woo:Think how bad it would be if you were telling a joke and about to finish with a killer line and you get killed by some crossfire? As humans, we are also gifted with learning many arts, hobbies and sport.

I was depressed once but bboying saved me. :groovy:

Maybe something else can help inspire you more again?
    Thank you! Well, I'm not really in good health but I do all have the others listed above XP I don't really know what could inspire me, in all honesty I don't even have an inspiration :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Most Competitive)
    You need to cut out as much negativity (from your life) as possible, be it in the form of people or other things.
    But how? Its not exactly easy to cut out all the negativity.

ReputationRep:
    Just think more positively!! Easier said than done I know, but when something gets you down or a worry just look at how good other things in your life are going and how lucky you are. Don't think of the first negative thing that comes into your head, just try and block it out as much as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Works everytime.
    Trust me, I've tried

ReputationRep:
    But how? Its not exactly easy to cut out all the negativity.
    It depends what kind of negativity we're talking about.

People? Forget about them, and just focus on yourself.

Education? There's more to life than exams. Just give it your best shot.

Health? It's not your fault so there's no point stressing about it.

You get the idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Most Competitive)
    It depends what kind of negativity we're talking about.

People? Forget about them, and just focus on yourself.

Education? There's more to life than exams. Just give it your best shot.

Health? It's not your fault so there's no point stressing about it.

You get the idea.
    Yeahh, I do. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Replace every negative thought with a positive one- no matter how negative it is. Try changing the most negative thoughts into the most positive, optimistic ones

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, I've tried
    you just fake it, and then you end up believing you're happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmony_x)
    Replace every negative thought with a positive one- no matter how negative it is. Try changing the most negative thoughts into the most positive, optimistic ones
    I tried doing that once - and that was during my GCSE exams. I kept thinking I would **** it up but at the beginning of every exam I would either say 'All Izz Well' or 'I can do it', and the outcome was pretty spectacular.

ReputationRep:
    I tried doing that once - and that was during my GCSE exams. I kept thinking I would **** it up but at the beginning of every exam I would either say 'All Izz Well' or 'I can do it', and the outcome was pretty spectacular.
    All Izz Well :laugh:
    I guess when you think positively, you do start believing and the outcome can usually be pretty amazing

ReputationRep:
    See, I'm the type of person who thinks that whenever a gorup of people are laughing, they're laughing at me - and thats because I was pretty wacky in high school, so everyone would laugh at my wackiness. So its kind of built up within me. As if its expected, that if someone is laughing, they'd be laughing at me. But I've completely changed since high school and am a whole lot more quieter now, so it makes me think 'why are they laughing at me? I'm not doing anything wacky - just sitting here.'

ReputationRep:
    You either:

Or engage in some:

Follow this and you can become a dimmer and less optimistic version of me!

ReputationRep:
    Act it. The thinking will follow.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.