The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff university interview

Just wondering if anyone has attended a Cardiff University interview and what it will entail?

I'm going to the architectural and civil engineering department on 4th December!! What questions are likely to be asked and does the day actually take 9:45-15:00?
Reply 1
Original post by tmr216
Just wondering if anyone has attended a Cardiff University interview and what it will entail?

I'm going to the architectural and civil engineering department on 4th December!! What questions are likely to be asked and does the day actually take 9:45-15:00?

I'm going to the architectural and civil one but on the 8th december! bit nervous tbh
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by anise_mc
I'm going to the architectural and civil one but on the 8th december! bit nervous tbh

Yea me too, I've emailed admissions and she said it's very informal and they ask "one thought experiment question to see how I problem solve" so I think it's mainly to see if you're not a complete dweeb and to show off their facilities. I'll let you know how I get on on the 4th 😫
Reply 3
Original post by tmr216
Yea me too, I've emailed admissions and she said it's very informal and they ask "one thought experiment question to see how I problem solve" so I think it's mainly to see if you're not a complete dweeb and to show off their facilities. I'll let you know how I get on on the 4th 😫

aw thank you! hopefully it'll go well enough, where else have you applied to?
Reply 4
Applying to electronic engineering here aswell. And they said they give interviews
Let me know how it goes too
How did the interviews go? What was it like?
Reply 6
It was a group thing with 10 minutes with a professor alone.. Basically to see why you wanted to do it and a diff question which I couldn't answer🙈 He explained it though. Labs were cool, had an offer 2 days later. Can't wait to get exams over to hopefully get in. Have you applied there?
Ye ive applied for civil and environmental engineering.. Bit of an eco freak :P mines on thursday. What was the group thing? Like an activity?
Reply 8
Original post by Samuel Howell
Ye ive applied for civil and environmental engineering.. Bit of an eco freak :P mines on thursday. What was the group thing? Like an activity?

Ahhh cool, the group was mainly all architectural engineers. Let me know what is in your group?! :smile: it's a basic activity to build the highest tower out of spaghetti and midget gems. A little tour and chat about the campus. Good luck!!
Reply 9
Original post by tmr216
Ahhh cool, the group was mainly all architectural engineers. Let me know what is in your group?! :smile: it's a basic activity to build the highest tower out of spaghetti and midget gems. A little tour and chat about the campus. Good luck!!

do you think you're going to firm/insure it? i think it's going to be my firm
How did the interviews go? What was it like?

it was basically why you wanted to do engineering, and one actual technical question but they basically said being invited to the day = offer, as the interview didn't determine offers so you'll be fine!
Reply 11
Original post by anise_mc
do you think you're going to firm/insure it? i think it's going to be my firm

Yea I've made it my firm already. what are you going for? Civil/architectural?
Original post by tmr216
Yea I've made it my firm already. what are you going for? Civil/architectural?

civil :smile:
How formal is it in terms of dress code?
Reply 14
How formal is it in terms of dress code?

Just look clean basically people were in jeans and jumpers.
Was it an individual or group interview?
It was an individual interview with an academic for about 15 minutes :smile:
Quick question, I have an interview next month at Cardiff university for Accounting and management NN24 , and am basically s***ing my self for the interview. A brief English and mathematics test will be carried out alongside with an interview, however since this is my first option I don't really want to mess this opportunity up. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should respond and how the test are normally carried out?? Much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending