Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How can I became more sucessful academically? watch

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I can't sit down and get on with work.I can't concentrate I am so worried all the time about failure.How can I stick to a strict study schedule and excel academically even more? I want to be better there are so many intelligent people and competition, I want to be able to compete.I want to improve how can I focus and be motivated? Sometimes it is so hard to stay motivated I feel so much pressure to suceed and prove myself I don't want to fail.How can I stop worrying? I think it may effect my concentration.When i am really worried about exams I can't focus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    I feel like I can't sit down and get on with work.I can't concentrate I am so worried all the time about failure.How can I stick to a strict study schedule and excel academically even more? I want to be better there are so many intelligent people and competition, I want to be able to compete.I want to improve how can I focus and be motivated? Sometimes it is so hard to stay motivated I feel so much pressure to suceed and prove myself I don't want to fail.How can I stop worrying? I think it may effect my concentration.When i am really worried about exams I can't focus.
    You may be suffering from anxiety. Go and see your local GP and explain your situation he/she may be able to subscribe you with the right medication, to control your tendency to over think and worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, you need to really feel it. Like a burning desire to succeed. You can't just "want" it. It's got to be all consuming. It'll be tough, you'll have to prune back social and other occasions in favour of revision and study.

Meditate to reduce stress.
    Improve focus and motivation by light exercise and removing distractions. Motivation won't get anything done by the way. It fades away and unless you constantly refuel it, discipline and habit will overpower it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    You are far too worried about failure. I know it wouldn't be ideal, but even if you did fail, there are options for retakes. Failure can be a good thing, it should motivate you to work hard, not scare you into being incapable of working.

It sounds like your worries are making things more difficult than they need to be, and you really aren't alone in this. As above, I'd recommend that you seek professional help. As soon as you worry less, you'll find it easier to revise and you'll therefore do better in your exams. Put yourself before your work, YOU are more important than your grades. :console:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.