Is there any point in getting lots of different consoles?

Watch
pinkstudent63
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm wondering what everyone thinks because it quite annoys me that sometimes there are really good games on a console I do not have but all of the great ones are on different consoles that I don't have not just one but to get almost every console seems ridiculous and then which ones do you get? Also, say there's 2-5 games that you really like on the new consoles, that doesn't seem enough. What do you think?
Souljer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends how into gaming you are.. I have an xbox one but there are quite a few ps4 games I'd like to play, the deciding factor on not getting a os4 is that I'm not that inti gaming, I can go a month or even two without touching my xbox. I find my time could be spent elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As a kid, you usually only got one console per generation, so you got the one with the games you wanted (Sonic or Mario, Metal Gear or Goldeneye, GTA or Halo). As an adult, you'll have disposable income, so spend it on what you want. Like games.

This PS4/One generation is different so far because now more than ever all the games are appearing on PC, and because the focus seems to be on 'remasters' and re-releases (which is so weird because it's not like it's a big graphical jump, let alone compared to past generations). So if you have one console or a PC, you wouldn't get anything different with another one.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If I had loads of money I'd get them all. I love me some exclusives.
Luhar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've always been a Nintendo fan, so always get the consoles they bring out. Also got a PS4 for all the other games.
I Procrastinate
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know exactly how you feel.
What makes it worse is the price of the games!
4ÆM
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
for Kingdom Hearts
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Get the platform with the most exclusives you want. As for it being worth getting other consoles for a smaller number of games, that entirely depends on how much the cost of that console would mean to you if spent elsewhere. Some people can chuck £250 at a PS4 without noticing the dip to their bank balance very much, other people would need to save for months or live very economically for weeks after buying it.
pinkstudent63
Rep:
?
(Original post by Souljer)
Depends how into gaming you are.. I have an xbox one but there are quite a few ps4 games I'd like to play, the deciding factor on not getting a os4 is that I'm not that inti gaming, I can go a month or even two without touching my xbox. I find my time could be spent elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sometimes I don't play games for a couple of weeks but I feel better when I do so I want to play more often. The problem is when new great games are coming out all the time
pinkstudent63
Rep:
?
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
As a kid, you usually only got one console per generation, so you got the one with the games you wanted (Sonic or Mario, Metal Gear or Goldeneye, GTA or Halo). As an adult, you'll have disposable income, so spend it on what you want. Like games.

This PS4/One generation is different so far because now more than ever all the games are appearing on PC, and because the focus seems to be on 'remasters' and re-releases (which is so weird because it's not like it's a big graphical jump, let alone compared to past generations). So if you have one console or a PC, you wouldn't get anything different with another one.
Yep as you grow up you get dispensable income and become more of a consumer which makes you want to get lots of things and it's hard to resist wanting to, even if it requires lots of saving up!

There are some exclusives to xbox one and PS4 but yeah I don't think that many. I only got a PS3 last year after mainly focusing on nintendo so I'm a bit behind, The new gen games I am most interested in are Xenoblade Chronicles X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and then possibly Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Although I also like some of the other Wii U games and even PSVita looks fun (I got a PSP near the end of it's life cycle). There's not really anything else I want to play on PS4 which is kind of annoying because I'm such a Kingdom Hearts fan. Someone that lives near me has an Xbox One so I could play 3 on there but I think I'd prefer my own. I'm not sure about going into PC gaming
pinkstudent63
Rep:
?
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
If I had loads of money I'd get them all. I love me some exclusives.
Lol!
pinkstudent63
Rep:
?
(Original post by Luhar)
I've always been a Nintendo fan, so always get the consoles they bring out. Also got a PS4 for all the other games.
I love Nintendo too and I think I'd really enjoy a Wii U but there's games on other consoles I like too!
pinkstudent63
Rep:
?
(Original post by I Procrastinate)
I know exactly how you feel.
What makes it worse is the price of the games!
The consoles are so expensive and I agree new games are so expensive too, I remember games being like £10 or less lol
pinkstudent63
Rep:
?
(Original post by serah.exe)
for Kingdom Hearts
Lol OMG yes! Although I can't justify buying a console just for one or two games, even if they are Kingdom Hearts
Alexion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Answer = No.

#pcmasterrace
pinkstudent63
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Get the platform with the most exclusives you want. As for it being worth getting other consoles for a smaller number of games, that entirely depends on how much the cost of that console would mean to you if spent elsewhere. Some people can chuck £250 at a PS4 without noticing the dip to their bank balance very much, other people would need to save for months or live very economically for weeks after buying it.
This is problem because there are differing levels of want, for example there might be one game that you really want, then some that you would enjoy etc.
kant_touch_this
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Naaa, as much as I wanna play Halo, screw getting an xbox, playstations all the way! : D
Siberiaan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alexion)
Answer = No.

#pcmasterrace
Ahh , balls you beat me to it.
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by pinkstudent63)
Yep as you grow up you get dispensable income and become more of a consumer which makes you want to get lots of things and it's hard to resist wanting to, even if it requires lots of saving up!
I've become far less of a consumer in that sense, with video games or toys of any kind. As a kid I wanted everything. As an adult, I want only a few things, but am old enough to not feel like I need it to live so I can wait. And when I do buy, it's usually pre-owned or a freebie or something, so the companies end up getting zero money from me a lot of the time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
10.53%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (50)
65.79%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (11)
14.47%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (6)
7.89%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.32%

Watched Threads