Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is there any point in getting lots of different consoles? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering what everyone thinks because it quite annoys me that sometimes there are really good games on a console I do not have but all of the great ones are on different consoles that I don't have not just one but to get almost every console seems ridiculous and then which ones do you get? Also, say there's 2-5 games that you really like on the new consoles, that doesn't seem enough. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Depends how into gaming you are.. I have an xbox one but there are quite a few ps4 games I'd like to play, the deciding factor on not getting a os4 is that I'm not that inti gaming, I can go a month or even two without touching my xbox. I find my time could be spent elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a kid, you usually only got one console per generation, so you got the one with the games you wanted (Sonic or Mario, Metal Gear or Goldeneye, GTA or Halo). As an adult, you'll have disposable income, so spend it on what you want. Like games.

This PS4/One generation is different so far because now more than ever all the games are appearing on PC, and because the focus seems to be on 'remasters' and re-releases (which is so weird because it's not like it's a big graphical jump, let alone compared to past generations). So if you have one console or a PC, you wouldn't get anything different with another one.

ReputationRep:
    If I had loads of money I'd get them all. I love me some exclusives.

ReputationRep:
    I've always been a Nintendo fan, so always get the consoles they bring out. Also got a PS4 for all the other games.

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel.
    What makes it worse is the price of the games!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    for Kingdom Hearts

ReputationRep:
    Get the platform with the most exclusives you want. As for it being worth getting other consoles for a smaller number of games, that entirely depends on how much the cost of that console would mean to you if spent elsewhere. Some people can chuck £250 at a PS4 without noticing the dip to their bank balance very much, other people would need to save for months or live very economically for weeks after buying it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Souljer)
    Depends how into gaming you are.. I have an xbox one but there are quite a few ps4 games I'd like to play, the deciding factor on not getting a os4 is that I'm not that inti gaming, I can go a month or even two without touching my xbox. I find my time could be spent elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sometimes I don't play games for a couple of weeks but I feel better when I do so I want to play more often. The problem is when new great games are coming out all the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    As a kid, you usually only got one console per generation, so you got the one with the games you wanted (Sonic or Mario, Metal Gear or Goldeneye, GTA or Halo). As an adult, you'll have disposable income, so spend it on what you want. Like games.

This PS4/One generation is different so far because now more than ever all the games are appearing on PC, and because the focus seems to be on 'remasters' and re-releases (which is so weird because it's not like it's a big graphical jump, let alone compared to past generations). So if you have one console or a PC, you wouldn't get anything different with another one.
    Yep as you grow up you get dispensable income and become more of a consumer which makes you want to get lots of things and it's hard to resist wanting to, even if it requires lots of saving up!

There are some exclusives to xbox one and PS4 but yeah I don't think that many. I only got a PS3 last year after mainly focusing on nintendo so I'm a bit behind, The new gen games I am most interested in are Xenoblade Chronicles X, Kingdom Hearts 3 and then possibly Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Although I also like some of the other Wii U games and even PSVita looks fun (I got a PSP near the end of it's life cycle). There's not really anything else I want to play on PS4 which is kind of annoying because I'm such a Kingdom Hearts fan. Someone that lives near me has an Xbox One so I could play 3 on there but I think I'd prefer my own. I'm not sure about going into PC gaming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    If I had loads of money I'd get them all. I love me some exclusives.
    Lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luhar)
    I've always been a Nintendo fan, so always get the consoles they bring out. Also got a PS4 for all the other games.
    I love Nintendo too and I think I'd really enjoy a Wii U but there's games on other consoles I like too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Procrastinate)
    I know exactly how you feel.
    What makes it worse is the price of the games!
    The consoles are so expensive and I agree new games are so expensive too, I remember games being like £10 or less lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    for Kingdom Hearts
    Lol OMG yes! Although I can't justify buying a console just for one or two games, even if they are Kingdom Hearts

ReputationRep:
    Answer = No.

#pcmasterrace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Get the platform with the most exclusives you want. As for it being worth getting other consoles for a smaller number of games, that entirely depends on how much the cost of that console would mean to you if spent elsewhere. Some people can chuck £250 at a PS4 without noticing the dip to their bank balance very much, other people would need to save for months or live very economically for weeks after buying it.
    This is problem because there are differing levels of want, for example there might be one game that you really want, then some that you would enjoy etc.

ReputationRep:
    Naaa, as much as I wanna play Halo, screw getting an xbox, playstations all the way! : D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Answer = No.

#pcmasterrace
    Ahh , balls you beat me to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkstudent63)
    Yep as you grow up you get dispensable income and become more of a consumer which makes you want to get lots of things and it's hard to resist wanting to, even if it requires lots of saving up!
    I've become far less of a consumer in that sense, with video games or toys of any kind. As a kid I wanted everything. As an adult, I want only a few things, but am old enough to not feel like I need it to live so I can wait. And when I do buy, it's usually pre-owned or a freebie or something, so the companies end up getting zero money from me a lot of the time.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.