Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Roughly 6 years ago I met my aunty's neighbour's son, who just happened to be very good looking, intelligent & the same age as me. I also met his mum at that time and she loved me (for some reason haha) & was very keen on me & her son exchanging numbers & getting to know each other... She kept telling me how stunning & nice I am. I liked him as soon as I saw him, and I could just see how good and genuine a person he was. We did exchange numbers and spoke a bit, although not as much as I had hoped & slowly we lost touch. I have seen him at family functions since then & every time we've got on so well, but I've never really expected much & we just part & go back to our own lives again...

We have exchanged a few Facebook messages here & there over the years although nothing major; I've never been sure if he's uninterested or shy, but every time I've seen his mum the first thing she says is how much he's been looking forward to seeing me, and she'll always say we should keep in touch more. I'm not sure what to think though since that's not coming from his mouth!
    I've always though he's an amazing catch, and have recently heard that he's on the hunt for a relationship. My family also think we'd be good together, but I'm scared to make the first move incase I get rejected, and then have to put up with seeing him again at these family events.

I saw him & his family recently at my cousin's wedding, which I of course was very dolled up for. His mum again told me how he was looking forward to seeing me, & how stunning I looked etc... Then she texted my mum the following day saying how she couldn't get over how beautiful I looked & that she had taken pictures to show her friends- I was seriously flattered. I didn't get to catch up with her & her son properly however as I was so busy. I dropped him a message apologising but he told me not to worry about it & then the conversation basically died...
    Because he's a family friend I'm unsure about how to approach this... Do I just message him asking if he wants to meet up some time?

He has long graduated but I'm still in uni as a mature student (I started 4 years late) so I'm a bit conscious about this. He seems to want to get married pretty soon so I don't know if he'd be interested in me since I still have one year left at uni & even then I'm not completely sure what career I want to go in to. What should I do?!?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yes why don't you just ask him if he wants to meet up, you have nothing to lose by that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Roughly 6 years ago I met my aunty's neighbour's son, who just happened to be very good looking, intelligent & the same age as me. I also met his mum at that time and she loved me (for some reason haha) & was very keen on me & her son exchanging numbers & getting to know each other... She kept telling me how stunning & nice I am. I liked him as soon as I saw him, and I could just see how good and genuine a person he was. We did exchange numbers and spoke a bit, although not as much as I had hoped & slowly we lost touch. I have seen him at family functions since then & every time we've got on so well, but I've never really expected much & we just part & go back to our own lives again...

We have exchanged a few Facebook messages here & there over the years although nothing major; I've never been sure if he's uninterested or shy, but every time I've seen his mum the first thing she says is how much he's been looking forward to seeing me, and she'll always say we should keep in touch more. I'm not sure what to think though since that's not coming from his mouth!
    I've always though he's an amazing catch, and have recently heard that he's on the hunt for a relationship. My family also think we'd be good together, but I'm scared to make the first move incase I get rejected, and then have to put up with seeing him again at these family events.

I saw him & his family recently at my cousin's wedding, which I of course was very dolled up for. His mum again told me how he was looking forward to seeing me, & how stunning I looked etc... Then she texted my mum the following day saying how she couldn't get over how beautiful I looked & that she had taken pictures to show her friends- I was seriously flattered. I didn't get to catch up with her & her son properly however as I was so busy. I dropped him a message apologising but he told me not to worry about it & then the conversation basically died...
    Because he's a family friend I'm unsure about how to approach this... Do I just message him asking if he wants to meet up some time?

He has long graduated but I'm still in uni as a mature student (I started 4 years late) so I'm a bit conscious about this. He seems to want to get married pretty soon so I don't know if he'd be interested in me since I still have one year left at uni & even then I'm not completely sure what career I want to go in to. What should I do?!?
    You seem to get along much better with his mother (and vice versa), so perhaps ask her out instead?

(Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    You seem to get along much better with his mother (and vice versa), so perhaps ask her out instead?
    Funny

ReputationRep:
    yh ask him he wants to **** you up the ass i can tell

(Original post by okey)
    yh ask him he wants to **** you up the ass i can tell
    Mature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Mature
    what do you expect im like 11 years of age

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.