HToo
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hey,
was just wondering is it easier to get an A in unit 4 or unit 5 for Biology??
TheDesertStudies
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
That's really a matter of opinion and very much depends on which topics you're strongest at.

Unit 5 is the longer exam which includes the 25 mark essay question (25% of the total marks for the paper) which links to all four units- AS included- so if you're not so good with essays then arguably unit 4 would be the easier exam to get an A in.

A lot of people seem to find the content in unit 5 more challenging as well, but like I said, it depends on the person really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HToo
Rep:
(Original post by TheDesertStudies)
That's really a matter of opinion and very much depends on which topics you're strongest at.

Unit 5 is the longer exam which includes the 25 mark essay question (25% of the total marks for the paper) which links to all four units- AS included- so if you're not so good with essays then arguably unit 4 would be the easier exam to get an A in.

A lot of people seem to find the content in unit 5 more challenging as well, but like I said, it depends on the person really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ok thanks for your advice, I really find essays easier, so I think maybe unit 5
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HToo)
hey,
was just wondering is it easier to get an A in unit 4 or unit 5 for Biology??
Personally to me they seem to be exactly the same, except different topics. It generally depends on your preference: I'm doing better at unit 5 as its far more interesting.
TheDesertStudies
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm finding unit 5 more interesting so far but I couldn't really say which one I'm doing better in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HToo
Rep:
(Original post by TheDesertStudies)
Did you do the ISA or the EMPA at AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes I did an ISA in AS
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.74%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.35%
No (110)
27.09%
I'm not sure (52)
12.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed