Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bullied at work help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there is this guy at work who is very aggressive. I accidentally forgot to say thanks to him when he held door for him. 15 mins later I went to an aisle to do my work he looks and shouts oy mate I need to talk about your rude attitude. Then he goes on about how effing rude I am and called me all swear names under sun. He then has the audacity to go tell all his colleagues running each aisle saying how rude I am and how I have no manners I feel this is pure bullying he is trying to humiliate me in front of people. A similar incident happened a day before a cleaner just said to himself I hate this job and he sweared to himself. Then the guy said are you talking to me. Cleaner said no. Then he goes on another rant you better effing not have some effing manners learn good behaviour etc.. He goes to all aisles again telling his colleagues how rude this guy is and has no manners etc.. The double standards to this story is that if this guy acted like this to a customer or manager he'd be sacked straight. I expect nothing less just because I am a colleague it doesnt make it right for him to get away with it. What sort of action should I take? Can he get a final warning at least because this guy is doing my head in. I have never argued or spoken to him before. What do you think? Can this easily be seen as bullying and should I inform his manager?

ReputationRep:
    inform the manager
    and also stop being a ***** and stand up for yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenLane7)
    Hi there is this guy at work who is very aggressive. I accidentally forgot to say thanks to him when he held door for him. 15 mins later I went to an aisle to do my work he looks and shouts oy mate I need to talk about your rude attitude. Then he goes on about how effing rude I am and called me all swear names under sun. He then has the audacity to go tell all his colleagues running each aisle saying how rude I am and how I have no manners I feel this is pure bullying he is trying to humiliate me in front of people. A similar incident happened a day before a cleaner just said to himself I hate this job and he sweared to himself. Then the guy said are you talking to me. Cleaner said no. Then he goes on another rant you better effing not have some effing manners learn good behaviour etc.. He goes to all aisles again telling his colleagues how rude this guy is and has no manners etc.. The double standards to this story is that if this guy acted like this to a customer or manager he'd be sacked straight. I expect nothing less just because I am a colleague it doesnt make it right for him to get away with it. What sort of action should I take? Can he get a final warning at least because this guy is doing my head in. I have never argued or spoken to him before. What do you think? Can this easily be seen as bullying and should I inform his manager?
    He sounds a bit unstable in his attitude but what can you do about it? I am sure the others know he is a bit crazy so if you and the cleaner complain then something should be done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenLane7)
    Hi there is this guy at work who is very aggressive. I accidentally forgot to say thanks to him when he held door for him. 15 mins later I went to an aisle to do my work he looks and shouts oy mate I need to talk about your rude attitude. Then he goes on about how effing rude I am and called me all swear names under sun.

He then has the audacity to go tell all his colleagues running each aisle saying how rude I am and how I have no manners I feel this is pure bullying he is trying to humiliate me in front of people. A similar incident happened a day before a cleaner just said to himself I hate this job and he sweared to himself. Then the guy said are you talking to me. Cleaner said no.

He goes on another rant you better effing not have some effing manners learn good behaviour etc.. He goes to all aisles again telling his colleagues how rude this guy is and has no manners etc.. The double standards to this story is that if this guy acted like this to a customer or manager he'd be sacked straight. I expect nothing less just because I am a colleague it doesnt make it right for him to get away with it. What sort of action should I take? Can he get a final warning at least because this guy is doing my head in. I have never argued or spoken to him before. What do you think? Can this easily be seen as bullying and should I inform his manager?
    Please use paragraphs like how I showed you.

Also man up.

/ of thread.

ReputationRep:
    Get ur boiz on him fam. Carry a strap with u to work if **** hits the fan

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.