Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone here would know of a job that would be perfect for someone like me. I'm a bit lost in life right now, and not sure what I want to do. I also know a lot of jobs get lost under the radar.

The reason I post this here is because I think freelance work (or maybe forming my own business, who knows) is 'for me'. You guys have experience so I think you're best to give advice.

I'll list some things and if you could suggest something that'd be swell. I'm doing my own research at the same time to help myself.

- I'm (very) independent
    - Adventurous (Like, explorer adventurous - want to travel)
    - Very good at analysing and giving meaning to data/text
    - I want to learn everything I possibly can, don't want to be doing the same task everyday (that's maddening)
    - Don't particularly care about pay
    - I'm great at graphic and web design
    - Super creative
    - Love planning things, love generating ideas

Buuuut...
    - I'm not very stable
    - Make really rash decisions
    - Want to do my own thing
    - Don't want to be told what to do

ReputationRep:
    you could apply to be on the apprentice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    you could apply to be on the apprentice.
    Haha! You know, my boyfriend says the same!

ReputationRep:
    You will make a good Doctor or Barrister

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saxsan4)
    You will make a good Doctor or Barrister
    Unfortunately I don't think I'd like to be a doctor, lots of death in that profession.

And I don't like the legal system enough to be a part of it. But thanks for your input.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midwolf)
    I was wondering if anyone here would know of a job that would be perfect for someone like me. I'm a bit lost in life right now, and not sure what I want to do. I also know a lot of jobs get lost under the radar.

The reason I post this here is because I think freelance work (or maybe forming my own business, who knows) is 'for me'. You guys have experience so I think you're best to give advice.

I'll list some things and if you could suggest something that'd be swell. I'm doing my own research at the same time to help myself.

- I'm (very) independent
    - I want to learn everything I possibly can, don't want to be doing the same task everyday (that's maddening)
    - Super creative

Buuuut...
    - I'm not very stable
    You'll make a great Prime Minister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0123456543210)
    You'll make a great Prime Minister.
    Definitely would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midwolf)

- I'm (very) independent
    - Super creative

Buuuut...
    - I'm not very stable
    Take a personality test ( http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test ) and then look at the jobs it says you are suited for. Tends to be pretty accurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keyhofi)
    Take a personality test ( http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test ) and then look at the jobs it says you are suited for. Tends to be pretty accurate.
    Wow! That is accurate, it guessed pretty much everything about me including the profession I want to go into. OP definitely should try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keyhofi)
    Cool! I'll try that out.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.