Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Football blogger who doesn't want to be a journalist watch

ReputationRep:
    I have just started my 3rd year at university and after consultation with my careers department have realised I want to be somebody that writes/discusses football. I am extremely knowledgeable and capable of doing it. One problem though, I don't want to be a journalist! I want to work 9 to 5 Monday to Friday and not spend my evenings up and down the motorway at cold, wet football grounds. The careers advisor has said there is definitely a position where I would prosper and for me to go find it. Has anybody got any ideas? Maybe even a job title related to it as I am a bit stuck?
    Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

Football correspondents will have to go to games to be valued. There's no way of getting out of that, especially when starting - you'd have to pay your dues. The only way you might avoid that is if you have an illustrious, high profile playing career before that, but I'm guessing that's not the case.

Saying you're "extremely knowledgeable" means sod all, by the way. Every guy down the pub things they're extremely knowledgeable too.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.