Turn on thread page Beta

Help with where to apply for Law? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am not too sure where to even apply for Law. My teachers recommended some of the top universities as my predicted grades are A* A* A. But I feel that my GCSE's and AS results will let me down.

GCSE's: 4A*, 3A and 3B's
    AS: AABB - Politics, Psychology, History (exceptional factors mentioned in reference) and English Lit (I dropped this for A2).

Do you think it is worth applying to places such as LSE, UCL, Kings College, Durham? I'm really confused so any help will be appreciated!

Btw, I haven't sat the LNAT yet!

ReputationRep:
    Your grades are good enough for those top unis if you get the predicted. So yh it is worth applying for them but I would do one which is lower as well just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    Your grades are good enough for those top unis if you get the predicted. So yh it is worth applying for them but I would do one which is lower as well just in case.
    Hi! Yeah I was considering applying to atleast 2 back-ups. The ones mentioned above aren't all in my 5 choices, I'm just not sure on which would be best and if they'd even consider me :/

ReputationRep:
    Any advice would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snk123)
    Any advice would be appreciated!
    I got nearly the same as you! 4A* and 5A at GCSE and AABB at AS and I applied to kings, lse, soas, Cambridge and queen Mary's. Just make sure you have a great personal statement as your predicted grades are above entry requirement anyway so that doesn't really matter, just make sure your PS is tailored completely to law and why you want to study it. Uni's have had enough of fabricated personal statements and I guess they want to see authentic passion come through!

Good luck!

Make sure you have 2 uni's with lenient entry requirements just in case, the other three I say go for it! What's there to lose? At the end of the day your going to pay 9k, better make sure it's spent at a uni and course you love to study!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snk123)
    Hi, I am not too sure where to even apply for Law. My teachers recommended some of the top universities as my predicted grades are A* A* A. But I feel that my GCSE's and AS results will let me down.

GCSE's: 4A*, 3A and 3B's
    AS: AABB - Politics, Psychology, History (exceptional factors mentioned in reference) and English Lit (I dropped this for A2).

Do you think it is worth applying to places such as LSE, UCL, Kings College, Durham? I'm really confused so any help will be appreciated!

Btw, I haven't sat the LNAT yet!
    Hi OP,

I'm just commenting to say that you could give Oxbridge ago. I know the deadline has passed this year, but if you were at all considering a gap year, you definitely have a chance in the next admissions cycle. With confirmed A2s, earlier qualifications won't be as important as normal. 3 A*s would be a bonus if you think you can achieve them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd say go for Durham and/or UCL/Kings. LSE is a risk because so many people apply and don't get offers.
    Then go for two AAA universities, such as Newcastle (very good for law) or maybe Warwick/York/Birmingham.
    Then maybe an AAB as a final back up. Law and Politics (LLB) at Manchester is AAB.

At all the universities above you will be able to go into any career path or any firm, if you get a good degree.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.